Analyst, Structuring & Execution - Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Amherst Residential, a subsidiary of Amherst, is a vertically integrated residential real estate platform that makes ownership of single-family homes seamless for investors and homeowners. The platform has raised over $6 billion of capital since inception, manages ~17,000 homes, and is growing its team as it rolls out new investments and business ventures. Amherst Residential’ s private equity team is hiring an Analyst to join its strategy and execution team at the company headquarters located in Austin, TX.
The successful Analyst candidate will centrally participate in all aspects of opportunity screening, investor due diligence, financial modeling, capital raising, and deal execution. The ideal candidate should thrive in a fast-paced organization in which all professionals work collaboratively. Working with seasoned professionals, the Analyst will develop deep industry, business, financial, investment, and capital markets knowledge.
We are seeking a highly motivated self-starter who brings both a proactive approach and a positive mindset to Amherst. The Analyst will be entrepreneurial and exhibit flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
- 1-2 years experience at an investment bank, a private equity firm, or consulting firm
- College degree required
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills (spreadsheet, database, and presentation skills are a must-have including complex financial modeling)
- Collaborates well with others and develops strong relationships
- Top-ranked performer; track record of success (academics, professionally)
- Commercially savvy with solid organizational & time management skills
- Experience interfacing with executive leadership and peers to present ideas and collaborate on initiatives
- Positive attitude and outlook; strong hunger and drive to succeed
- Strong academic background – finance, real estate, accounting or math background preferred
- Strong analytical mindset and attention to detail
- Ability to articulate a thesis and communicate ideas
- Must have advanced level MS Office Excel experience, as well as experience and advanced knowledge of other Microsoft Suite applications including PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team setting
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and comfortably navigate through complex tasks with little guidance
- Able to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required
- Assist with special projects on an as-needed basis
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern work-space with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Monthly lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Monthly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.