AP Manager at Workrise
RigUp is changing the way hard work gets done in solar, wind, oil and gas, defense, and construction. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.
The Core Operations team at RigUp is responsible for paying our 1099 service providers and vendors accurately and on time; and on ensuring payments have gone through the appropriate controls and are reflected accurately on financial statements. RigUp is hiring a Manager that will be responsible for overseeing our accounts payable functions for our field entities, and our payments to 1099 service providers, to ensure the efficient execution of all daily tasks. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is laser focussed driving efficiencies, experienced in managing people and capable of improving processes in a fast paced, high transaction volume environment. Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee a 1099 contractor payments and field vendor Accounts Payable function to ensure execution of all daily tasks.
- Ensure billable equipment and expenses are appropriately coded and handed off to the AR team for client billing when applicable; build scalable processes around billable equipment and project level coding
- Managing a team of associates and analysts dedicated to AP and payments with a focus on operational excellence.
- Audit existing processes and implement improvements to documentation and controls
- Work with product managers to provide feedback and make changes to the RigUp platform as it relates to payment operations.
- Help improve RigUp’s working capital cycle by addressing any issues at the point of payments, including data integrity, process improvement and dispute resolution
- Establish metrics to define the team’s success and set goals to drive results that improve efficiency
- Somebody with a strategic mentality that can understand the breadth of a problem and know how to grow and scale processes.
- Must be capable of prioritizing workloads and projects, knowing which issue to tackle next.
- Cross functional relationship builder, able to work and communicate effectively with colleagues across the business, including product managers, sales, customer operations and success.
- Track record of solving problems, both on the fly as well as implementing long term solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, in Accounting or related field is a plus
- Fundamental accounting knowledge
- 2+ years of people management experience
- 5+ years of experience in accounting management roles
- Experience implementing processes in NetSuite accounting software or similar ERP
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with matching
- Competitive health benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp, a digital platform bringing modern workforce and vendor management to underserved industries, is one of the fastest growing companies in Austin. Founded in 2014, RigUp initially focused on the energy industry – empowering contract workers in oil and gas, solar, and wind to take home more pay for the same work, with better insurance and benefit options. The RigUp solution has expanded into equipment and vendor management, as well as on-demand, app-based service fulfillment, bringing cost savings and operational efficiencies to energy companies across the United States. Recent expansion will bring the RigUp platform to additional, energy-adjacent industries that rely on contract labor.