AP & Payroll Administrator
AP & Payroll Administrator
The AP & Payroll Administrator is responsible for processing payroll, accounts payable invoices, employee expense reports, and performing various month-end procedures.
- Process multi-state payroll for salary (semi-monthly) and hourly (bi-weekly) employees, as well as a US shadow payroll for UK employees using Paylocity payroll system
- Review and upload payroll journal entries into NetSuite
- Maintain accurate and current information in payroll system for new hires, terminations, position changes, etc.
- Work closely with internal benefits administrator to ensure benefits and payroll processes align
- Coordinate with payroll provider to ensure all state employment tax filings are filed on a timely basis and process state registrations as employees are added in new states
- Process payables invoices and bill payments in an accurate and timely manner using Mineral Tree bill payment system.
- Respond to verifications of employment and reference checks
- Review and process expense reports in an accurate and timely manner, and in accordance with the company’s travel and expense policy using Nexonia expense reporting system
- Review and reconcile corporate credit card statements monthly
- Ensure bank transactions are recorded in NetSuite on a weekly basis
- Perform month-end procedures including bank reconciliations, prepaids, and accruals
- Assist with AR collections
- Create and implement new processes that drive efficiency as the business grows
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance or related field
- Experience with NetSuite, Paylocity, and Nexonia preferred, but not required
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Authorization to work in the United States
Civitas Learning offers medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as a 401k plan. We also have a generous flexible, paid time off policy.
About Civitas Learning: Civitas Learning is a student success company delivering the clearest path to improved higher education outcomes. The company’s Student Success Intelligence Platform leverages each institution’s unique data to find and distribute the strongest signals across the student lifecycle. These signals empower students to make the best possible decisions along their academic pathway. Advisors, faculty, and administrators can personalize support, scale meaningful action, and measure impact to dramatically improve student outcomes.
Today, Civitas Learning is a strategic partner to more than 325 colleges and universities, serving nearly 8 million students. Together with our growing community of partners, Civitas Learning is making the most of the world’s learning data to graduate a million more students per year by 2025.