We’re seeking an Approval Specialist to work with potential Homeward Customers to understand their financial and situational eligibility for the Homeward program and move them into our process.
We give homeowners the freedom to buy the home they want before selling their existing one. Customers tell us about their home and financial situation, and then we provide them with funds to confidently secure their next home with a competitive all-cash offer. This saves them stress from having to list their house without knowing where they are going next, and makes the process of buying and selling a home as predictable and easy as it should be.
Homeward was started in 2018 by Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest growing agent teams in the U.S. We're passionate about our mission to empower customers and their agent partners to buy before they sell while making the entire experience more convenient and certain. We've attracted a strong early customer base in Texas, Colorado, and Georgia, and are building our team to help us deliver our unique solution, and continue evolving our business.
Homeward is backed by top-tier venture investors - Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. We’ve raised over $25 million in equity to grow the business, and have secured over $100 million in debt to buy homes for our customers. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology spaces.
About the opportunity
The Homeward Mortgage Team is responsible for conducting the financial review and approval of every customer that works with Homeward. We’re focused on bringing financial innovations to life and delivering a seamlessly integrated mortgage experience. We are the newest team at Homeward and are looking for subject matter experts and business people with an entrepreneur's mindset and ability to get stuff done.
As part of the team, you’ll be ensuring that we work with high-qualified customers meeting Homeward’s eligibility criteria. Your role is both as customer advocate and risk manager, ensuring that we have a complete understanding of each customer’s unique financial situation and properly tailor transaction details to their needs.
This position will challenge your ability to establish and implement complex operational processes while working cross-functionally with other critical teams including product, engineering, and customer experience among others.
Note: This role may require some weekend availability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with customers to collect all documentation required for mortgage underwriting
- Collaborating with the valuations team to calculate home equity and home buying power
- Working to creatively problem solve any threats or complications to a potential Customer’s eligibility including managing the request of exceptions where reasonable
- Proactively communicating status updates to customers and their agents
- Document all findings and decisions, with great organization and detail
- Managing a large pipeline management to ensure Customers move quickly and consistently through this phase of the life cycle
- 3+ years in Mortgage industry as an LO assistant, processor, underwriter, or credit analyst
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management and project management skills
- An ability to remain focused and execute under pressure of deadlines and multitasking
- An intrinsic desire to serve customers and provide a delightful, seamless experience
- The drive to be apart of innovation and a growing team
- Bachelor's degree and/or mortgage originator’s license preferred
The perfect candidate will thrive working directly with Customers and Real Estate Agents, and operates with urgency for quick turn times and effective communication. This ideal candidate will also deeply understand the flexible parameters mortgage eligibility and bias toward creative problem solving to ensure we can help every eligible customer, while being able to distinguish clearly who Homeward would not be a good fit for.