BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
We are looking for an Assistant Controller/Senior Manager to assist in overseeing the financial activity of the company, including Accounting, Treasury, Audit, and various areas of SEC and Management Financial Reporting. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, high energy accounting professional to join our team in Austin, Texas. The Assistant Controller/Senior Manager will be an integral part of the Finance organization and will report to the Corporate Controller.What You’ll Do:
- Manage, direct, and develop our Accounting team
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly (10-Q) and annual (10-K) consolidated financial statements
- Manage relationships with external auditors as they perform their quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Lead the monthly close process
- Provide technical accounting guidance and develop accounting and financial reporting policies for new transactions
- Lead the Accounting department in strengthening our SEC reporting function
- Lead internal teams in support of new business strategies and initiatives and provide sound accounting and financial advice
- Participate in and lead special projects aimed to improve business processes
- Play a key and active role in executing the company’s SOX readiness plan
- 7+ years of experience in public accounting, industry experience a plus
- 3+ years of people leadership experience
- Strong technical accounting background, including research of technical GAAP issues and documentation to support positions taken by the Company.
- Experience with SOX and ASC 606 is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- CPA Certification required
- Ability to confidently express opinions and constructively challenge others
- Experience with accounting information systems
- Thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings.