BI Analyst– Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Founded in 1993, Amherst Holdings LLC is a privately owned financial-services holdings company headquartered in Austin, TX. We provide a variety of products and services for institutional clients across the globe and pursue opportunities in the capital markets leveraging our deep expertise and proprietary market-leading data analytics platform. We have developed cutting edge tools and methodologies that give us a competitive edge in our securities, loan origination, and asset management lines of business.
The BI Analyst (Financial/Accounting Data) provides their expertise toward the implementation, configuration, administration, and development of our Amherst accounting and financial software. This will be an integral part of our team, working to build our next generation of financial reporting, budgeting and accounting systems. The primary responsibility for this role will be the creation of custom and ad-hoc reports using MS SQL for the accounting team. It will also include creating requirement documents, test plans, use cases, and assisting with implementations.
- Work in SSRS, Tableau or proprietary reporting tools to generate reports and data extracts for the accounting department
- Tackle complex business problems by converting raw data into meaningful and actionable business insights. Collaborate directly with peers and business leaders to transform ideas into actions.
- Utilize Microsoft SQL Server for extraction and analysis of data from multiple sources with demonstrated ability to effectively decipher, analyze and report data
- Utilize JIRA to maintain up-to-date information on ongoing projects, known issues, and enhancement request
- Assist accounting and technology staff with implementation of best practices in MSR’s accounting and financial software suite
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science or related quantitative discipline with experience is required
- Understanding and experience with functional aspects of accounting and finance
- Advanced SQL query writing skills required.
- Experience working in a Microsoft SQL Server environment is required.
- Experience with creating and presenting management dashboards and reports
- Experience with data visualization/business intelligence tools. Experience with Tableau is a huge plus.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- SSRS and SSIS skills are a plus
- Experience with Yardi Voyager a strong plus
- Familiarity with accounting systems best practices, development methodologies, controls, and procedures
- Must be a self-starter who works well in fast-paced environments
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Requires strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to multi-task
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern work-space with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Monthly lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Monthly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.