Business Operations, Security at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Security at Cloudflare is a focused team committed to helping secure both Cloudflare and our customers.
About the Role
Security at Cloudflare is a focused team committed to helping secure both Cloudflare and our customers. In this role, you will:
- Drive financial alignment with business priorities during quarterly and annual planning cycles (including forecasting, budgeting, headcount, allocations, reconciliations, etc)
- Partner with Finance and People team to track BvA for spend and headcount. Develop operational dashboards and reports to communicate key findings and insights
- Own vendor management for the Security team by defining and implementing a scalable vendor management framework and end-to-end process. This includes driving vendor performance through defining and tracking SLAs & KPIs, managing strategic relationship with key partners, supporting everything related to contracts (negotiations, renewals, amendments), overseeing vendor payments, coordinating quarterly vendor reviews, and ensuring compliance with company policies and procurement processes
- Drive down vendor spending while simultaneously improving vendor quality
- Launch process improvement and automation projects focused on improving data integrity and organizational operational efficiency
- Partner with Security Program Managers by supporting analytical / operational needs
- Ideally looking for someone with interest in operational finance, consulting, operations, or strategic vendor management in a SaaS, software, or Security environment
- Exceptional empathy and integrity. Demonstrated success in earning trust across a broad variety of stakeholders and making principled decisions
- Strong analytical skills, particularly spreadsheet modeling, forecasting, and tracking
- Experience or interest in helping negotiate SOWs, contracts, agreements, etc. General understanding of vendor management and associated best practices
- Excited about data integrity, efficient processes, and getting the details right
- Able to maintain operational rigor yet solve for “yes” and enable (not inhibit) our teams
- Experience or interest in working with a global company that operates in different timezones
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.