- Provide the Carrier Sales team with an aging report and review weekly.
- Schedule regular aging meetings with all involved parties to discuss progress and brainstorm ideas for improvement.
- Ensure carrier bills are accurate and settled timely.
- Frequently analyze and report on outstanding payables, including significantly past due bills, with Senior Sales Leadership.
- Identify trends and guide the team to reduce A/P aging.
- Manage escalations from the team.
- Investigate circumstances of non-settlement; negotiate and resolve conflicts; follow through to satisfactory resolution resulting in expedited payments of outstanding bills.
- Build strong relationships with carriers and factoring companies in an effort to ensure all bills are paid according to terms.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with sales and sales management.
- Second-Level approver $201-$5,000 for VRAs and manual bills.
- Monitor and manage workflow and daily targets to ensure timely delivery of agreed SLA’s.
- Track and maintain team level metrics and reports for a variety of data including attendance, productivity, unsettled, etc.
- Develop and identify improvements to current processes to improve productivity and quality of the team.
- Accounts Payable - Escalations when total unsettled of 28+ is greater than 6% of Total Unsettled
- Lead team: involvement in selection/hiring process (as needed); provide on-going training; evaluate performance; hold direct reports accountable; address any performance issues appropriately and timely.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in an accounts payable role.
- 1+ years of Logistics/Supply Chain experience
- 1+ years in a leadership role.
- Oracle NetSuite Experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Suite, with an emphasis on Excel-ability to do vlookups and pivot tables is required
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as a team
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- This position directly supervises a team of 8-10 Carrier Relations Specialists and Clerks.
- Take ownership of your career at a tech-powered company.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!