Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at Billd
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:37 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Billd is an exciting new FinTech company transforming the way construction companies finance materials for commercial projects. They are experiencing exponential growth in the market and recently named a top Austin Company to Watch in 2021. They have been featured in VentureBeat, Austin Business Journal and Modern Contractor Solutions as one of the innovation leaders in this space. You will be challenged to be your best self with the opportunity to have one of the most professionally rewarding experiences of your career.
The Chief Financial Officer ("CFO") is responsible for the administrative, financial, human resources, corporate legal matters, and risk management operations of the company, including the development of a financial and operational strategy, investor relations, financial reporting, budget/forecast management, and tracking relevant KPIs, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
This person will be a key member of the executive team that will help define company strategy and manage significant growth. The CFO will work hand-in-hand with the CEO and other key executives while also building and managing the finance and accounting teams.
This person must thrive on working cross-functionally across many departments including sales, marketing, operations, product/technology and legal. The ideal candidate has experience building accounting and finance teams and can manage complex forecasting, creating accounting policies and procedures.
- Own all company finance, accounting and HR functions including: operating budget, forecasting, investor relations, compliance, annual financial audit, federal and state tax, and treasury management
- Build systems for proper accounting and finance operations such as approval workflows, quality control of accounting process, and team training.
- Develop and report performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team (sales, marketing, operations, product/technology, credit/risk)
- Lead future capital raise initiatives including both equity and debt (debt for lending operations)
- Oversee employee benefit plans
- Monitor all open, corporate legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry; ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Report financial results to the Board of Directors
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage for corporation and facilities
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts; arrange for debt and equity financing; invest funds
- Bachelor's degree in finance, operations, research, statistics, math, economics, or related analytical discipline preferred.
- Master's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- CPA a plus but not required
- Prior experience as a CFO in a fast-growing, fintech company
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or prior experience as an advisor to or executive at a growth/expansion-stage company
- Capital markets experience in equity funding for and early stage company (series A-D) and structured debt facilities for lending operations
- Advanced Excel proficiency. 10+ years of practical experience of using Excel for building and maintaining financial models
- Strong communication and presentation skills; must have firsthand knowledge and experience with Private Equity and investor relations
- Great leadership presence with strong relationship and influencing skills
- Displays resilience when making challenging decisions and understanding the risks, especially in a growth/expansion stage environment
- Comfortable putting in place organizational structure and has a point of view on how to develop a finance and accounting organization.
Read Full Job Description