Collection Operations Specialist at A Cloud Guru
EFFICIENT | COLLABORATIVE | PROCESS GURU
In this role you will improve collections by collaborating with customers and various partners ensuring receipt of payment and optimizing the organizations cash flow. Your overall goal will be to reduce bad debt and collection expense while obtaining payment for outstanding receivables. We are looking for someone who thrives in a highly cross functional role. Someone that can build and own a process and drive results. You will collaborate with Billing, Finance and Business Operations in building a sustainable business process to drive metrics and collection results. In addition, you will communicate trends and forecast future collections.
You must have excellent operational focus and the ability to thrive in a dynamic and demanding environment. Demonstrated track record of creating processes, look for immediate opportunities and a vision for future needs. In addition, you must have a high level of intellectual curiosity and the skills needed to develop effective relationships with internal and external partners.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful. The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay at ACG. We’re a quirky, tight-knit crew that cares about our customers and each other. No egos here. Our leaders encourage thoughtfulness, compassion, being humble, and we have a bit of fun along the way.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, because we’re in a really unique space. We have an amazing product that people want, and we're in an industry that's tripling in size overnight.What makes the Finance, Management, & Legal team awesome...
You’d never know we were accountants and lawyers, because we are metal-heads, bar owners, and sports fanatics first. What holds us together is our love for learning and a fun culture. We’re a scrappy team that’s all in this together.
- Learn all the things. Here you're not siloed into one function.
- See the bigger picture. We get to know the context behind the numbers.
- Have hobbies outside of work. Our team is eclectic and has hobbies outside of work.
- Small teams mean big impact. Be a part of a scrappy, growing company.
This is definitely a work hard, play hard team. Our department works very hard and sometimes we put in long hours, but we take care of each other. If you're overwhelmed and need help, there's always someone willing to support you. - Grayce, Homemade Dog Treats Guru (and Accounting Manager)As a Collections Operations Specialist at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Present results, risks and opportunities as well as demonstrate execution on loss reduction initiatives to Finance and Business Operations
- Research issues thoughtfully and thoroughly before responding or escalating
- Operate with a global mind-set and work effectively with people and teams in different timezones
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners
- Provide collection expertise to build and execute overall process and strategy
- Reduce loss while meeting established collection targets
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 3-5 years of collection and/or vendor management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, SalesForce, Netsuite and other online tracking systems
- Highly skilled in handling multiple work streams and projects with a fine eye for detail, quality, and deadlines
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to create, present and influence
- Strong organizational skills while possessing a well-adapted approach to working in a highly targeted environment. Self-motivated
- Experience with driving performance
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Whether it's hiking to a waterfall in Costa Rica or bonding with your couch, we all need downtime. All Gurus get four weeks paid time off, 10 sick days, and enough holiday to make a banker blush.
- Let's get lunch. Lunches are catered three times per week, and our kitchen stays stocked with a smorgasbord of the team’s most requested snacks and drinks.
- Parking is on us. We have your Downtown parking covered. We offer paid garage parking nearby the office. We also have perks for going green by walking and taking public transit.
- We’ve got you covered. We offer insurance plans that pay for 100% of your medical, dental, and vision, and 80% for your family/dependents.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.