Commissions Analyst, Global Partner Success Operations
Are you someone that loves working with data, building and maintaining models, reporting, and solving challenges? Are you passionate about data-driven decisions?
Vrbo is looking for a dynamic partner success operations analyst on the Global Partner Success Operations (GPSO) team to provide expertise in commissions calculations, quota setting modeling, targets tracking, business insights and outside vendor collaboration. This role reports to the Global Sales Operations Senior Manager and works closely with the Partner Success Management teams, HR, and Finance to ensure alignment in plans, policy, and adoption.
You will be a member of a team of three experienced commissions analysts that leads the global commission process from quota setting, attainment calculation, processes and procedures, analysis, and recommendations. The team is self-sufficient, has high energy, and utilizes an agile approach to business challenges. Since the responsibility is immense, the team implements regular peer reviews and partnerships to deliver excellent and accurate work. Feedback and retrospectives are an essential input to our process to improve and continuously refine our work product.
The Commissions team is one of the four pillars of GPSO, and the culture we champion is collaboration, cross-functionality, and openness. We strive to deliver quotas and compensation that is accurate, on-time, and insightful while maintaining a fun work environment. Striving towards mastery in the subject matter as we use the scientific methodology to test and learn from our operations and decisions.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for creating, evolving and maintaining quota models for the organization
- Heavy data-driven and systems mastery
- Lead the process for administration, documentation, and payment of monthly/quarterly Partner Success (PS) commissions globally including conducting formal meetings with PS managers and directors for monthly review
- Develop, evolve and document internal GPSO processes as well as external use cases base on dependencies with other teams
- Develop strong relationships based on trust with Partner Success leadership and management teams
- You will perform ad-hoc analysis about commissions data for sales, finance, and HR
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's and Master's degree (e.g., Finance, Strategy, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics) and 7+ years of experience in compensation, corporate finance background, and data science experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present ideas and gain consensus
- Strong problem-solving skills, self-motivation, and the capacity to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, where multitasking is expected
- Possess a healthy intellectual curiosity and demonstrate proven analytical skills to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to effectively translate complex analyses and conclusions to lay audiences while linking and applying sophisticated technologies to business needs.
- Compensation experience, corporate finance background, data science experience
- Highly proficient in modeling creation, commissions calculations and compensation plan management (5+ years’ experience)
- Mastery in multiple Data Analysis Tools (Excell, MS SQL, Tableau, AWS, Presto, Scala)
- Enthusiastically utilize advanced technical skills to extract data from various sources & provide forward-thinking output for decision-making
- Apply your quantitative analysis & data mining expertise to create models and analysis
- Supply new insights into ad-hoc analytics and modeling projects
- Maintain process and procedural documentation while engaging with the partners and the internal team to drive consistency
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.