Commissions Analyst, Global Partner Success
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
Global Partner Success Commissions Analyst
Are you someone that loves working with data, building and maintaining reports, and solving challenges? Are you passionate about data driven decisions? HomeAway is looking for a dynamic Commissions Analyst on the Global Partner Success Operations (GPSO) team to dive in and provide expertise in commissions calculations & quota setting modeling.This role reports to the Global Sales Operations Manager and works closely with the Sales Management teams, HR, and Finance to ensure alignment in plans, policy, and adoption.
You will be a member of a team of three experienced commissions analysts that own the global commission process from quota setting, attainment calculation, processes and procedures, analysis and recommendations. The team is self-sufficient, has a high energy and utilizes an agile approach to business challenges. Since the responsibility is immense, the team implements constant peer reviews and partnerships to deliver excellent and accurate work. Feedback and retrospectives are a key input to our process to improve and constantly refine our work product.
The Commissions team is one of the four pillars of GPSO, and the culture we champion is one of collaboration ,cross-functionality, and openness. We strive to deliver quotas and compensation that is accurate, on-time, and insightful while maintaining a fun work environment. Striving towards mastery in the subject matter as we use the scientific methodology to test and learn from our operations and decisions.
- You will own the process for administration, documentation, and payment of monthly / quarterly Partner Success (PS) commissions globally including conducting formal meetings with PS managers and directors for monthly review
- You will perform ad-hoc analysis pertaining to commissions data for sales, finance, and HR
- You will support monthly / quarterly Sales and Listing quota and business targets creation
- SQL and big data analysis – Preferred
- Enthusiastically utilize advanced technical skills to extract data from multiple sources & provide clear output for decision-making
- Apply your quantitative analysis & data mining expertise
- Supply new insights to ad-hoc analytics and modeling projects
- Maintain process and procedural documentation while engaging with the partners and the internal team to drive consistency
Ideally, we are looking for:
- Highly proficient in commissions calculations and compensation plan implementation (5+ years experience)
- Proficient in Labor law principals and payroll processes
- Proficient in SQL, Tableau and Salesforce specifically for data querying
- Advanced Excel knowledge a requirement
- Process management and documentation creation
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities paired with excellent communications skills
- Ability to work in an agile environment that’s fast-paced without the need to be micro-managed
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Parental Leave (up to 20 weeks based on eligibility)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages, including breakfast on Fridays
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.