Commissions Analyst, Partner Success Operations
Are you someone that loves working with data, building and maintaining models, reports and solving challenges? Are you passionate about data-driven decisions based on meaningful analysis? HomeAway is looking for a dynamic Commissions Analyst on the Global Partner Success Operations (GPSO) team to dive in and provide expertise in attainment, commissions calculations & quota setting modeling. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Global Partner Success Operations and collaborates actively with the Partner Success management teams, Human Resources, and Finance to ensure alignment of plans, policy, and adoption. The commissions analyst also works closely with our reporting and analytics team to develop and deliver a robust quota and technology infrastructure.
As member of a team of four expert commissions analysts that is responsible for the global commission process from portfolio creation, quota setting, attainment calculation, processes and procedures, analysis and recommendations. The team is self-sufficient, has high energy and utilizes an agile methodology approach to business challenges. Since the responsibility is immense, the organization implements regular peer reviews and partnerships with other business units to deliver excellent and accurate work. Feedback and retrospectives are a crucial input to our process to improve and continuously refine our work product.
The Commissions team is one of the three pillars of Global Partner Success Operations (GPSO), and the culture we champion is based on collaboration, cross-functionality, and openness. We strive to deliver quotas and compensation that is accurate, on-time, and insightful while maintaining a fun work environment. Striving towards a deep understanding of the subject matter as we use the scientific methodology to test and learn from our operations and decisions.
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for designing, managing and communicating processes of administration, documentation, and payment of monthly/quarterly/annual Partner Success (PS) commissions globally including conducting formal meetings with PS managers and directors for monthly review
- Own the full cycle of the company’s variable compensation process, including documentation, calculations, and sign-off workflow
- You will support monthly/quarterly Net Book Value and New Listings quota striving towards archiving company top line objectives.
- Enthusiastically utilize your quantitative and qualitative analytics and advanced technical skills and technology to extract data from multiple sources & provide clear output for decision-making.
- Maintain procedural documentation while collaborating with the GPSO partners and the internal teams to drive consistency and clarity as there are communicated to the rest of the organization
Who you are:
- Advanced Excel knowledge a requirement.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and work in an agile environment that’s dynamic and evolving constantly towards achieving best in class processes, tools, technologies and output
- Ability to lead and established relationships with peers, cross-functional team members, and product users
- Knowledgeable in portfolio creation, modeling for quota setting, commissions calculations and compensation plan implementation (3+ years’ experience)
- Knowledgeable in global labor laws principals and payroll processes
- Knowledgeable written and verbally skills to deliver results and methodologies to global senior leadership.
- Knowledgeable on statistical analysis and modeling design based on Trending, Account planning, Business insight and Regression models for quota creation and portfolio allocation methodologies
- Shown history of workplace flexibility and continued desire to learn
- Understanding of basic GAAP principles
- Strong organization skills, time management and ability to multi-task
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.