Compliance Tester - Credit Card at Self Financial (Austin, TX)
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
About the Role:
We are seeking a self motivated individual to join our secured card program Monitoring and Testing team to conduct routine audits and tests to ensure regulatory compliance with key consumer protection laws. This role is working for the Secured Card Monitoring and Testing lead, and in consultation across all departments. This role will work closely with the compliance team in further developing the policies and procedures, the risk control self assessment program and related risk monitoring reporting to management.
What you will do:
- Develop and conduct key audits and tests to ensure compliance with consumer protection laws that apply to the Company’s secured card program
- Draft observations and findings on a monthly basis, presenting to key departments and leadership as needed
- Coordination and oversight with the issue management team (IRT) on identified gaps or opportunities related to regulatory matters identified
- Assist in ad-hoc projects and initiatives as needed
What you bring:
- Previous financial services and/or audit experiences a plus
- High degree of attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of consumer protection and consumer financial services law and regulation, including the Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Regulation B), Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Unfair Deceptive and Abusive Acts or Practices, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E), Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN), and privacy
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But, there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Stock options
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Free at-home workout through Sworkit
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This Privacy Notice is for applicants who reside in California. We adopt this notice to
comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other
California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning
when used in this notice.
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of
being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a
particular consumer or device (“personal information”).
last twelve (12) months:
Identifiers. A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal
identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email
address, account name, Social Security number, driver's
license number, passport number, or other similar
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code §
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical
characteristics or description, address, telephone number,
passport number, driver's license or state identification
card number, insurance policy number, education,
employment, employment history, bank account number,
credit card number, debit card number, or any other
financial information, medical information, or health
insurance information. Some personal information
included in this category may overlap with other
Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national
origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status,
medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex
(including gender, gender identity, gender expression,
pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic
information (including familial genetic information).
Internet or other similar network
Browsing history, search history, information on a
consumer's interaction with a website, application, or
Professional or employment-
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
Use of Personal Information
following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time.
When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, please do not hesitate to