If you read the below description and feel this position excites you, but your experience does not add up 100%, we encourage you to still apply and tell us why! We look forward to learning what makes you passionate and purposeful.
If you are an economist who loves studying and uncovering the trends of one of the biggest industries on the planet, then this is the role for you. We’re looking for an experienced and passionate economist to lead Levelset to be the thought leader in construction financial news, reporting on the latest construction industry stories, payment trends, and financial insights.
In this role, you will be given access to mountains of proprietary data and have the opportunity to work with industry leading data scientists. The data driven content that you and your team will publish will help readers stay up to date with various aspects of the construction markets in the United States including projects stalled by financial negligence, profiles of thought leaders, payment activity trends based on data and surveys, and staying compliant with the ever changing legal regulation
The body of work you create will directly help construction business owners, C level executives and other practitioners of construction finance better understand the payment landscape, and speed up payments for the industry at large. Since 2012, Levelset has been publishing a high volume of content to help contractors get paid for their work. ns.
This role will focus primarily on using data to uncover trends and valuable insights to ensure a high velocity of quality construction financial news content published on an ongoing basis. This role will have access to unique data resources and work with a world class internal content team, outside contributors, and industry leaders to strategize and produce a consistent stream of relevant news articles for the industry. This is a full-time position that allows you to work remotely.
We need someone who is sure-handed with data, and will passionately help readers better understand the complexities, challenges, and changes in the construction payment landscape.
If you have experience as an industry economist in the construction space, and have a background running surveys and processing data to create stories, this role is perfect for you.
- Strategize and develop editorial calendar for Levelset’s thought leadership
- Produce excellent data driven content for our audience at a high velocity
- Use unique data sets and analysis techniques to uncover trends and noteworthy headlines
- Prepare content and use data to tell stories that help the industry better understand and take action on current financial issues.
- Communicate with leaders at Levelset and strategize content initiatives
- Collaborated with colleagues on PR strategy and NewsJacking
- Coordinate editorial publications and meetings
- Increase monthly readership and organic traffic sessions.
- Control schedules and enforce deadlines (with writing, data and content team)
- Proven experience as an economist
- Experience in the construction operations industry
- Background in constantly conducting industry surveys and reporting the findings
- Mastery in English and exceptional ability in copywriting and editing
- Working knowledge of SEO concepts
- Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations
- Excellent organizational skills and outstanding communication abilities
- BS/BA in economics or relevant field
In one year, we’ll look back and know we made an A+ hire when Levelset has an economist that has achieved the following:
- We regularly publish thought leadership content for the construction industry that is on par with publications like the Economist or Forbes
- Our data driven content is consumed and shared by the (1) construction industry influencers (2) Levelset’s customers users and leaders (3) media that covers the construction and related industries
- We define what is newsworthy in our space and have a respected point of view on construction finance and payments.
- We use our data, surveys, and insights to create news and offer views into what is going on in our industry in a way no one else can
- Our content makes it easy for our internal team and external PR agency to pitch and promote our content and company--resulting in a noticeable increase in inbound links and brand mentions
- Our data driven content has enable Levelset to have a much bigger and more engaged following on social channels
- Our customers; trade orgs; and other construction brands seek us out for content, speaking engagements, quotes, and our advice
We are committed to fighting injustice throughout the construction industry, and fairness is key to our company's purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate