We are looking for a Consultant to join our Analytics team at Vista Consulting Group (VCG). This role will report to the Executive Director, Analytics.
The Analytics team is responsible for the collection, reporting, and analysis of portfolio company data, working with a variety of stakeholders from across the Vista ecosystem to drive value creation through insight generation.
- Develop analyses using portfolio company financial and operational data for audiences within Vista and at Vista companies
- Create and maintain dashboards for Vista’s business intelligence initiative for stakeholders throughout the organization, including the CEO
- Interact with and support our “customers” within Vista and our companies
- Help execute on the overall Analytics team mission statement of using data to unlock value for Vista and its companies
- 2-5 years of experience at a top-tier management consultancy, investment bank, or leading SaaS company (preferably in an FP&A or analytics role)
- Four-year degree from a top undergraduate institution, quantitative field of study (i.e. Computer Science, Finance, Mathematics, Economics) preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including experience presenting quantitative analysis
- Ability to deal with ambiguity; can bring structure and focus to complex questions with limited guidance
- Strong financial modeling ability and excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of using data and insights to impact/improve business operations
- Experience building reporting and analysis using SQL, databases, and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, TIBCO Spotfire) a plus
Vista Consulting Group (VCG) is the dedicated consulting partner of Vista Equity Partners (www.vistaequitypartners.com), a leading global technology investor with over $50 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Our team of subject matter experts and consultants partner with market-leading software and technology companies to achieve lasting results by investing in the people, knowledge, and connections that have been proven to strengthen their success. Our insights from hundreds of software investments over nearly two decades create a deep and differentiated understanding of how a software company thrives. We work alongside management teams to develop exceptional talent, capture and enhance the knowledge of our companies, and cultivate meaningful relationships across our executive network. VCG is integral to Vista’s investment philosophy and vision, offering management teams expertise, focus, and discipline to achieve their goals and advance their operational and growth strategies. Explore current and past Vista companies here: https://www.vistaequitypartners.com/companies/
Why Vista Consulting Group?
Vista’s family of companies collectively represent the fourth-largest enterprise software company in the world. We invest in our people, with a relentless focus on talent. At VCG, you will have the opportunity to work shoulder-to-shoulder with some of the world’s most thoughtful, curious, and talented software executives, including several CEOs named among 2019’s top 50 SaaS CEOs: https://www.thesoftwarereport.com/the-top-50-saas-ceos-of-2019/
Your role within VCG will strengthen your existing skills, grow and widen your capabilities, and offer you an unparalleled path for personal development and career growth. Do you aim to be the best in your field? Do you enjoy partnering with talented executives and collaborating on new challenges? Are you motivated by seeing others succeed? Join us.
What’s Different About Vista?
Vista invests in the long-term, sustainable success of our portfolio companies, with the industry’s largest dedicated consulting team. Today, Vista’s consulting practice has a dedicated staff of over 170 employees, whose sole focus is advancing and partnering with our companies to help leaders and teams within Vista businesses implement proven best practices, sharpen skills, broaden their networks, and continually innovate in their markets. Because Vista only invests in enterprise software, data, and tech-enabled companies, we are in a unique position to scale our approach across the portfolio and to accelerate the growth of both our investments and our people across our global ecosystem of innovation.