Consultant - Financial & Accounting Solutions
About the Role:
We are looking for a dynamic, high performing implementation analyst/consultant to join our Professional Services team at Blackbaud. The Financial Systems Implementation Consultant is responsible for working with Blackbaud's clients to implement our Financial Edge NXT solution. Financial Edge NXT is a complete cloud-based fund accounting solution designed for nonprofits and government entities. If you have a background in accounting, a passion for technology and a heart for working with organizations that drive social good then we hope you'll apply!
What you'll be doing:
The Implementation Consultant works closely with the portfolio and technical teams, is a major contributor to the requirements specification deliverable, and writes the business and functional requirements. This person understands the I&A business and ensures that there is integration between business and technology. The Financial Systems Consultant understands configuration and/or business workflow processes, analyzes the requirements, and utilizes problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues.
- Understanding customers, proactively gathering information to learn about their needs and expectations.
- May be performing feasibility analysis, scoping projects, and working with the project management team to prioritize deliverables, and identify product requirements and dependencies.
- Evaluating the risks, benefits, and opportunities of various solutions.
- Creating detailed Business Requirement Document (BRD) or Business Process documentation (as applicable) and translating it into functional specifications.
- Providing analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation.
- Partnering with development and analytic teams to provide reporting on software solutions.
- Participating in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
- Configuring the software solution to meet the customer’s business process requirements as defined in the BRD or Business Process documentation.
- Setting appropriate expectations with the customer as it relates to project scope, timeline, and budget.
- Responding to information that identifies a customer opportunity or change in customer needs. Identifying and presenting Change Orders to the customer when the customer’s requirements and/or budgeted project hours fall outside of the project scope.
- Demonstrating initiative and the ability to find information or solutions needed for assignments and/or projects.
What we'll want you to have:
- 4+ years of experience related to accounting/finance and/or software implementations
- Experience with, or understanding of, software implementation processes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a client-focused approach to work
- Demonstrated success with time management and problem solving
- Experience with Blackbaud's Financial Edge product is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50%