Controller, Director of Finance
ClearDATA is hiring a Controller, Director of Finance to join our fantastic finance team. We are seeking creative and passionate accounting experts to join us in making healthcare better every single day. Our customers include some of the biggest names in healthcare and life sciences. They depend on us to deliver tools, systems, and services that keep them compliant and secure in the cloud without slowing them down.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the accounting team and all aspects of monthly accounting
- Ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with GAAP
- Coordinate preparation for the annual audit and quarterly reviews
- Coordinate special projects, analyses and duties as needed
- Collaborate with department leaders in accounting and finance matters
- Work with the CFO and other executives to prepare the company for an IPO
- Prepare accurate and timely financial management reporting
- Manage treasury and banking functions
- Implement Netsuite
- Ensure SOX compliance
- Improve the monthly financial close process
- Review the annual operating budgets, plans and forecasts
Required Experience and Attributes:
- 2+ years of SEC reporting experience
- 4-5 years of Public Audit experience
- Experience with State Sales Tax
- 8 years of professional work experience
- B.S. in Accounting or equivalent, CPA required
- Big 4 or national CPA firm audit experience, combined with Accounting and SEC Reporting experience
- Experience with SaaS (Software as a Service), subscription-based, or recurring-revenue companies
- Experience implementing and maintaining Netsuite and Bill.com
- Familiarity with SaaS revenue accounting
- Detailed understanding of accounting and reporting requirements, as well as internal controls implementation and SOX compliance
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting and the ability to work with complex accounting matters
- Experience managing direct reports and the desire to lead, train and manage the work of others
- Be willing to be "hands-on," and understand what it takes to get things done in an early-stage, growing company
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization and communication skills
- Prior IPO or IPO readiness experience is a plus
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- A dynamic company that rewards high-performers.
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services.
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking.
- Servant leadership Management.
- Business-casual dress code.
- Flexible working hours.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K.
- Unlimited Vacation.
- Stock options
- Competitive base, commission and bonus structure
ClearDATA is an EEO/AA employer M/F/V/D