Headquartered in Austin, Texas, CognitiveScale builds industry-specific augmented intelligence software for financial services, healthcare, and digital commerce markets. Built on its Cortex augmented intelligence platform, the company’s products help enterprises leverage AI and Blockchain technology to increase user engagement, improve decision-making, and deploy self-learning and self-assuring business processes.
The company’s clients include multiple Global 500 organizations around the world and they have formed strategic go-to-market and technology partnerships with IBM, Microsoft, and Deloitte. The company has been named among AI leaders in prominent research and publications including Fortune’s Top 50 companies leading the AI Revolution, CB Insights AI 100 and Gartner Cool Vendor.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities of the Role:
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller is the accounting and reporting leader for a dynamic and growing, provider of advanced AI technology solutions. This individual will lead the development and implementation of accounting processes and controls enabling the continued growth of the business. The Controller will lead the accounting function and be responsible for the monthly close process, the completion of required financial reporting, and the coordination of external audits and tax reporting. The Controller will direct the company’s policies and provide guidance on associated business activities regarding revenue recognition, expense classification, capital expenditures, and stock-based compensation in accordance with US GAAP requirements. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA or equiavalent certification preferred
- 4-5 years of experience in public accounting and/or corporate accounting and positions
- Exposure to Venture Capital or Private Equity backed Technology or Services company environment a plus
- Experience with SaaS business model and in particular subscription-based revenue recognition
- Experience with Intacct accounting system or similar
- Ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial and technical accounting issues
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; personable, team player and with ability to work with all employees at all levels
- Self-motivated, goal and deadline driven
CognitiveScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CognitiveScale does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
CognitiveScale is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please: no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at CognitiveScale via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of CognitiveScale. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by CognitiveScale as a result of the referral or through other means.