Vrbo is seeking a Corporate Accountant at their Domain headquarters in Austin, Texas. This role is a part of Vrbo’s Corporate Accounting team, reporting to the Global Reporting Manager in Austin. The Corporate Accountant will work closely with business leaders, Expedia Integration & Tax Teams, External Auditors and Finance to support ongoing required financial reporting and consolidation with Expedia Group.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in supporting the monthly and quarterly reporting deliverables to Expedia, auditors, and internal business partners.
- Support quarter-end and year-end SEC schedules as requested by Expedia.
- Partner with Central FP&A on reporting discrepancies and process improvements. including various inquiries and periodic project requests.
- Respond to external and internal auditors and internal business partners including supporting quarter end and year end audits and PBC requests.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner.
- Lead the coordination of annual internal audit and review with external auditors. Manage reporting procedures to align with internal control requirements.
- Assist on special projects as assigned from time to time including technical accounting research and new business initiatives.
Who You Are:
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-motivated individual
- Desire to drive process improvement while maintaining attention to detail
- Excellent initiative with necessary planning and time management skills to complete with multiple deadlines
- Analytical mindset and financial accounting experience gained over the last 3+ years of career
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully and rapidly in a cross functional and international environment, leveraging your persuasive and collaborative approach to drive projects to successful resolution
- BS in Accounting, with 2-5 years of experience. Big four experience a plus
- Prior experience with high volumes of transactional data
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required, Oracle Financials, Excel4Apps, and Blackline preferred.
- You are a strong communicator, self-starter, comfortable with all levels of management, and have experience dealing with internal and external auditors.
- Proven experience being proactive to improve and document departmental processes.
- Ability to interpret and research accounting guidance.
- Self-motivated, deadline oriented, fast learner, who is a dedicated, hands-on team player with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Execution focused, with the ability to take individual responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong process and system skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across functions and teams to resolve problems.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.