Corporate Accountant at CesiumAstro
Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, Texas, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications. Learn more about our company at http://www.cesiumastro.com.
We are looking to add a qualified Corporate Accountant to our Finance and Business Operation team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and have a mind for financial and accounting analysis, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, your day-to-day responsibilities will vary significantly month over month but will include a mix of the following:
- Interact with customers and vendors - responding to accounting inquiries, problem-solving, working on KPIs
- Perform routine accounting and digital bookkeeping in our general ledger system, including the management of financial data and reports, accounts payable and receivable, journal entries, and financial statement preparation
- Support timely monthly, quarterly and year-end financial close, including maintaining documentation for all operational accounts, preparing workpapers and account reconciliations, making accrual entries as well as assisting in various audits
- Produce financial statements for a reporting period, verify accuracy and completeness of data, record business transactions throughout the accounting period, add any required adjusting entries, and close the books for that period
- Assess and improve internal processes to increase efficiencies and improve financial reporting and business analytics
- Assist in ad-hoc projects as requested by management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information
- Work closely with and under the supervision of our Controller
The successful candidate will have a natural passion for numbers and math and a strong understanding of the intricacies of assets, liabilities, income and expenses, and other financial transactions within an organization. You will play an enormously important supportive role in business operations keeping our company’s financial position healthy with precision, attention to detail, and proactive measures. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, articulate, quick to grasp new concepts, a team player, an excellent written and oral communicator, and eager to learn.
We provide a generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.
Successful candidates will require:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or commensurate work experience
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Excel and working knowledge of accounting concepts
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of various accounting and operations software platforms & cloud-based accounting
- Full-cycle accounting & month-end closing experience
- Understanding of the accounting life-cycle and all that it entails for startups and growing businesses
Preferred experience includes:
- Microsoft Dynamics or other ERP experience
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with DCAA and government contracts a plus
- Experience working for a high-growth manufacturing or aerospace research and development company
- Desire to learn and continue to grow through continuous training
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.