Corporate Finance Associate at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Team
The Corporate Finance team is responsible for enterprise level planning, budgeting, forecasting, analysis and capital allocation. This is a highly strategic & visible team that partners closely with our C-Suite and cross-functional business leaders to develop key priorities for the business as well as the financial plan required to deliver on our growth and profitability goals. Members of the Corporate Finance Team possess excellent analytical, critical reasoning, interpersonal, communication, influencing and leadership skills and are passionate about both problem solving as well as building high quality repeatable processes that scale with our rapid growth. Our role extends beyond analyzing and reporting; we take pride in helping to design and implement solutions to the different challenges that can arise in our high growth environment.
What you’ll do
- Build and maintain forecasting models. Develop a deep understanding of our business model as well as revenue and cost drivers across geographies, segments and products. Build relationships with functional managers to understand trends, opportunities and risks. Dive deep into how products and customers consume our network capacity
- Consolidate our revenues and expenses. Use sophisticated analytical techniques to sensitize likely outcomes
- Serve as Finance Business Partner to the PAYGO business
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure timely and accurate financial closes and provide input on management and external reporting needs
- Prepare financial updates for the Executive Team and Board of Directors
- Drive efficiency through finance processes by automating, simplifying, or eliminating routine work
- Special projects, ad hoc analyses and strategic deal support
- This is an individual contributor role with opportunity to grow into a manager
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 5+ years in Finance; experience forecasting revenues in a subscription business preferred
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated intellectual curiosity. Experience applying sophisticated statistical and modeling techniques to real world business problems.
- Expert financial modeler with strong working knowledge of US GAAP. High attention to detail with understanding of the big picture. Advanced skills in both MS Excel and Google Sheets
- Self-starter capable of driving business results autonomously when needed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Results-focused and team-oriented with strong work ethic
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Proficiency with financial systems. Anaplan, Netsuite, RevPro, Salesforce and Tableau experience is a plus
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics or quantitative field
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
126.96.36.199: We released 188.8.131.52 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.