Corporate Staff Accountant at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a bright, passionate, and dynamic Staff Accountant to join our expanding corporate accounting team. This position will support various aspects of the corporate accounting team and play a key role in our daily operations. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has strong problem-solving skills, work ethic, organizational skills, experience and desire to work in a high-growth environment, and drive to be continuously learning. Sound like you? Keep reading.
Why Join us? Our Corporate Accounting team at Workrise is part of the overall Finance & Accounting group. We are a bunch of hard-working, curious, attentive, coffee loving, no-ego, number-crunchers, owning the responsibility of processing payables, applying cash, ensuring financial accuracy and completeness, revenue close, financial statement preparation, all the way to budgets, forecasts, board decks etc. We are building the foundation of a world class Finance and Accounting organization as our business continues to scale and grow. Are you ready to help us empower the people who get hard work done?What you’ll be doing:
- Assist in month-end close activities, including basic journal entries and account recs.
- Work directly with Sr. Accountants during the month-end close cycle, and help complete ad-hoc projects.
- Work with other staff to ensure accounts payable and accounts receivable are maintained.
- Help manage daily operations of the accounting team email by answering inquiries, processing and coding invoices, helping with weekly payment runs, etc.
- Prepare and complete bank recons, cash journal entries, payment applications, accrual journal entries, prepaid journal entries etc.
- Own the admin, credit card recons, and processing of company reimbursements within Expensify while adhering to company expense policy.
- Assist the team in developing and maintaining timely and accurate financial statements and reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ensure financial records are in compliance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Assist with other areas of accounting, process improvements, and complete special projects as needed.
- Meet with other company stakeholders as complete tasks as needed.
- Help support the year-end financial audit process with external auditors by helping prepare schedules and pulling supporting documents.
- Experience: 2-3 years of hands on, full-cycle Accounting experience (public accounting experience or experience in a start-up a plus).
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or Finance (Accounting preferred).
- Basic operational knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Basic ERP experience, NetSuite is a plus.
- Intermediate excel skills.
- Self-driven: You need an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency and conviction, even under minimal supervision.
- Detail-oriented: Your work is reliably accurate and organized even when working fast.
- Constant learner: You want to grow your areas of expertise as we grow our product and business.
- Motivated: You take initiative and seek out responsibility, you want to grow in your responsibilities.
- Adaptable: You will need to be ok with change, wearing multiple hats, and be flexible in your day to day, prioritize.
- Collaborative: Team player with the ability to work with all levels of employees, both internal and external, to ensure performance and excellent standards are maintained.
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.