Deal Desk Senior Analyst at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $104B+ by 2024!) And MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the top tier modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Global Deal Desk function. This position will play a key role in enabling large, strategic opportunities and provide critical support to the global sales organisation that will drive efficiencies, profitability and stronger controls. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who enjoys the challenge of working with a first class team in a high growth environment and is relentless in their pursuit of excellence.
This role is remote optional until April 4, 2022, we are looking to speak to candidates who plan to be available in Austin for when we introduce our hybrid model.
- Be a critical member of global team that acts as a key enabler of deal formation and execution with a focus on minimising sales cycle times while optimising revenue, profitability, and/or market share based on business priorities
- Assist with non-standard deal requests, structuring complex deals, driving cross-functional and cross solution collaboration
- Update key T&Cs on the quotes and review them to ensure accuracy
- Ensure that all transactions adhere to internal revenue recognition policies and operational guidelines
- Drive best practices to increase sales efficiency and effectiveness via deal reviews, early checkpoint and enforcement of standard business practices and policies
- Business degree
- 4+ years software industry experience (Deal Desk, Finance, Sales operations experience preferred)
- Experience in dealing with complex, cross-functional deal management across sales, finance and legal
- Strong business acumen and proven ability in commercial negotiations
- Some knowledge of software revenue recognition principles would be an advantage
- Experience in contract management
- Clear and thoughtful verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills along with ability to demonstrate practical judgment in complex situations
- Great teamwork skills
- Good knowledge of MS Excel & Salesforce
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!