Vista Consulting Group (VCG) is the dedicatedconsulting partner of Vista Equity Partners (www.vistaequitypartners.com),a leading global technology investor with over $46 billion in cumulativecapital commitments. Our team of subject matter experts and consultants partnerwith market-leading software and technology companies to achieve lastingresults by investing in the people, knowledge, and connections that have beenproven to strengthen their success. Our insights from hundreds of softwareinvestments over nearly two decades create a deep and differentiatedunderstanding of how a software company thrives. We work alongside managementteams to develop exceptional talent, capture and enhance the knowledge of ourcompanies, and cultivate meaningful relationships across our executive network.VCG is integral to Vista's investment philosophy and vision, offeringmanagement teams expertise, focus, and discipline to achieve their goals andadvance their operational and growth strategies. Explore current and past Vistacompanies here: https://www.vistaequitypartners.com/companies/
Why Vista Consulting Group?
Vista's family of companies collectively represent thefourth-largest enterprise software company in the world. We invest in our people,with a relentless focus on talent. At VCG, you will have the opportunity towork shoulder-to-shoulder with some of the world's most thoughtful, curious,and talented software executives, including several CEOs named among 2018's top50 SaaS CEOs: https://thesaasreport.com/the-saas-reports-top-50-saas-ceos-of-2018/
Your role within VCG will strengthen your existing skills,grow and widen your capabilities, and offer you an unparalleled path forpersonal development and career growth. Do you aim to be the best in yourfield? Do you enjoy partnering with talented executives and collaborating onchallenging business opportunities? Are you curious about how to make great businesseseven better? Are you motivated by seeing others succeed? Join us.
What's Different About Vista?
Vista invests in the long-term, sustainable success of ourportfolio companies, with the industry's largest dedicated consulting team.Today, Vista's consulting practice has a dedicated staff of over 130 employees,whose sole focus is advancing and partnering with our companies to help leadersand teams within Vista businesses implement proven best practices, sharpenskills, broaden their networks, and continually innovate in their markets.Because Vista only invests in enterprise software, data, and tech-enabledcompanies, we are in a unique position to scale our approach across theportfolio and to accelerate the growth of both our investments and our peopleacross our global ecosystem of innovation.
We are looking for a Director to consult with accounting and finance leaders at Vista portfolio companies to driveresults. This role sits within the Vista Consulting Group's Finance & Administrationpractice and will include heavy collaboration across functional experts.
The Director is charged with driving value creation withinthe Vista portfolio by assisting portfolio company management with executingand maintaining Vista's Best Practices. This role is intended to bring subject matter expertise in the accounting and finance area to the various portfolio company finance teams.
· Assist with on-boarding new portfolioacquisitions into the portfolio with the Vista value creation methodology
· Partnering with portfolio company management andthe Vista Deal Team to identify transformation plan initiatives and stackranking significant gaps that need to be prioritized to achieve value creationtargets
· Providing the portfolio management team withVisa reporting requirements and expected timelines to ensure transparency infinancial performance, as well as to facilitate open communication channels
Providefinance and accounting expertise on an as-needed basis to the portfoliocompanies in areas such as business combinations, softwarecapitalization, revenue recognition, acquisition accounting, cashforecasting, KPI reporting, etc.
· Support networking opportunities between theportfolio companies to enhance best practice conversations
· Assist BOSS team with implementation of systemconversion initiatives
· Drive and participate in internal value-addedprojects which will be assigned on an ad-hoc basis
· Direct and indirect reports may include staffthrough senior level consultants within the Vista Consulting Group
- 10+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience with significant exposure to software/SaaS/Data companies
- Professional experience should include executive level roles within public and/or private equity portfolio companies
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance related area
- CPA, CMA, CIA, MBA or equivalent certification/advanced degree preferred
- Advanced/Expert level of understanding in accounting and financial reporting requirements
- Ability to manage small to large team efforts, while being an individual contributor
- Experience in Technical Accounting, M&A, Treasury Management, & Forecasting/Budgeting
- Experience with project management, system conversions and managing multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Goal-oriented self-starter who works well in cross functional teams
- Ability to travel a minimum of 60% of the time within the USA and internationally
- Austin, TX or Chicago, IL locations preferred; will consider remote candidates