The Director of Accounting leads our accounting operations team. This role enables SailPoint to grow and thrive by creating sustainable, repeatable processes and policy across multiple accounting functions that preserve financial integrity, mitigate risk, and allow for scale. Leading change with courage, this role is responsible for investing in building a strong team to bring out people’s best, while having fun along the way.
- Own and develop accounting policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate reporting under U.S. GAAP.
- Take a clean-sheet-of-paper approach to evolving processes and controls, balancing the short-term and long-term needs of the business, that will enable continued business growth and SOX compliance.
- Responsible for all aspects of month-end close activities, including all journal entries and reconciliations related to bank, cash and cash equivalents, prepaid expenses, other assets/liabilities, fixed assets, payroll, accounts payable, accruals, debt and equity.
- Own global corporate consolidation, coordination and review of intercompany eliminations, expense allocations and other consolidation activities.
- Manage daily accounting operations for multiple domestic and international entities, coordinating with in-country service providers performing day-to-day accounting and payroll activity.
- Administer world-wide payroll, commissions, and travel & expense programs.
- Drive and complete accounting integration for any new international operations or acquisitions, including support of due diligence processes.
- Prepare monthly accounting close package and assist Finance to analyze results against budget.
- Direct world-wide financial and statutory audits and reviews to ensure timely completion in collaboration with external accounting firms.
- Manage the general ledger including updates, system access, chart of accounts, and period closes.
- Lead the implementation of any new accounting systems or tools, taking an end-to-end approach with automated solutions.
- Lead and develop a high-performing accounting team, investing in others to help them grow, creating a positive working environment, and collaborating cross-functionally.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- B.S. or above degree in Accounting.
- CPA (or international equivalent) required.
- 8-12 years of professional experience with a big 4 public accounting firm and progressive experience in a private and/or public company.
- Experience in a growth environment strongly preferred with involvement in complex operating environments.
- Experience in a senior management role managing several direct reports.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask without sacrificing accuracy.
- Ability to learn new processes quickly.
- Excellent time management, analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong strategic initiative and a process improvement mindset.
- Strong financial systems and implementation background.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.