Director, Bank Platform Operations at Self Financial
Self Financial, Inc. helps consumers establish and build credit history. We are a venture-backed, financial services startup based in Austin, TX. Self is disrupting financial services through democratizing access to establish credit. We welcome candidates who are innovative, dependable and hardworking and seek an open opportunity to rise to a level that fits their abilities and drive. We only seek the best. We're incredibly passionate about building financial products that help consumers. If you are too, we'd love to chat with you.
Position Description: Director, Bank Platform Operations
Self is building a community of people who are looking to better their lives by building credit history. You will lead our Bank Platform Operations team and be responsible for all operational workflows supporting card operations, incoming bank requests, compliance reviews (OFAC, KYC), credit disputes, and payment fraud investigations. Additionally, you will ensure accurate and timely financial reporting and reconciliation to our bank partners. You will grow and develop a rockstar team of operations specialists and analysts. You will perform project management duties in identifying reporting, tooling, and process improvements, as well as partner with our Product and Engineering teams to drive wins for our internal teams as well as our external partners. You will report to the VP of Operations.
- Lead the bank platform operations organization in servicing our growing 500K+ active consumer loan and credit card portfolio
- Manage and strengthen relationships with our credit card processor and bank partners
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting and reconciliation to our bank partners
- Meet internal and external operational SLAs
- Coach and mentor your direct reports towards personal and career development, empowering them towards continuous improvement and larger impact to the business
- Be the voice of our banking partners to cross-functional stakeholders within Self
- Project manage external reporting requests, troubleshooting and exception handling
- Report team performance and metric updates to the executive team
Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years in fintech, card operations, compliance, or banking operations
- 3+ years people management experience preferred
- 2+ years working with external partners / vendors preferred
- Experience managing data analysts preferred
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Strong business problem solving mindset
- High EQ and ability to build rapport with team members and stakeholders
- Strong ability to adapt and excel in a fast-moving, startup environment
Our compensation and benefits are competitive, but there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. Over 64 million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score due to a lack of credit history. Self is solving this problem with innovative technology and partnerships.
Our perks include:
- Competitive Pay
- Stock options
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Enjoy our vacation policy – there is no policy, balance matters
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Plenty of snacks and drinks provided
- Casual dress code
- Catered company lunches on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Team happy hours and events
- Downtown Austin office space
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.