Director of Capital Markets and Structured Finance
What you’ll be called: Director of Capital Markets and Structured Finance
Where you’ll work: Keller Capital—Austin, TX
Keller Capital is the private investment group of Gary Keller, Co-Founder of Keller Williams Realty, and serves as the M&A division for Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI). Our goal is to invest in, acquire or start businesses that help redefine the real estate industry via the real estate agent. From movie theaters and music festivals to real estate portfolios and apparel companies, Keller Capital has deployed innovative investment strategies across multiple sectors.
Who we’re looking for:
We're looking for a smart, team-oriented, highly capable Director of Capital Markets and Structured Finance. Access to capital is a core function for Keller Williams expansion and this role will be responsible for creating innovative new solutions to obtain the financing for all new real estate programs at KWRI. As the Director of Capital Markets and Structured Finance, you'll be responsible for projects such as negotiating new lending facilities, managing our balance sheet, leading investor diligence and launching strategic business initiatives. You will do all of this with the support of the residential real estate industry's largest company and more than 180,000 of its real estate agents globally.
What you’ll do:
As the Director of Capital Markets and Structured Finance, you will report to the CEO of Keller Capital and serve as a key member of our Assets Under Management business model. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining strong relationships with capital market providers and investment bankers; managing investment sales; coordinating targeted marketing of an investment property; interpreting and negotiating business terms of loan, sale and joint venture documents; actively participating in acquisition pursuit; synthesizing executive summaries for an investment offering as well as managing the process of generating high-end investment offerings; and working successfully with venture partners to provide analysis and information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead Keller Williams’ institutional capital markets strategy.
- Work directly with KW senior leadership to innovate and direct new ideas and internal initiatives.
- Be involved in the launch of an entirely new asset class within residential real estate for the benefit of home buyers, home sellers and more than 180,000 real estate agents globally.
- Develop a deep understanding of all parts of the Keller Williams technology business model by building and maintain financial analyses and forecasts.
- Partner with teams throughout the organization to evaluate the attractiveness of new products and strategies.
- Drive due diligence processes including building asset analyses reports and financial models.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external partners—lenders, investors, lawyers, accountants, etc.
- Design new systems and work with our technology team to make business processes more efficient, more automated and more accurate.
- 5 or more years in investment banking, management consulting or private equity.
- Strong understanding of financial statements and concepts.
- Strong familiarity with Excel.
- Experience working with high-growth technology companies.
- Knowledge of advanced analytical tools like Mode or Looker.
- Familiarity with debt and ABS structures.
- Excitement about working in a fast-paced and constantly-changing environment.
- Analytical mindset with high attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively.
- Willingness to take ownership and drive projects to completion.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing tasks as market shifts alter priorities and work flow.
Who are we?
It is the mission of Keller Capital to invest in people and businesses whose products, services, and relationships add to life’s enjoyment. While we invest in companies in a wide variety of sectors and stages, Keller Capital focuses on making lower middle-market equity investments where we can work in partnership with founding entrepreneurs and current management.
Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) is the largest real estate company by agent count in the world. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, lives worth living and businesses worth owning. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.