Atlassian is seeking a corporate development manager who is passionate about driving inorganic growth in the enterprise SaaS space. As a member of the corporate development team, you will work with various product and business leaders across Atlassian to identify and evaluate important strategic opportunities - both investment and acquisition targets - for the company. You will develop the insights and analysis that our executive team needs to make smart decisions around our inorganic growth story moving forward. Not only will you frame out key areas of interest and help execute against that vision, but you will also develop a long-term perspective of the Atlassian of twenty years from today...and have a viewpoint on how we can get there.
This is a great opportunity to join a small team at one of the most unique enterprise software companies in the market and have a big impact on its future.
What you bring to the table...
- A focus on thinking strategically and an interest in driving inorganic growth (via M&A and investments). First and foremost you like to jump in and drive outcomes in a team environment. Ideally, you also have proficiency in evaluating, negotiating, and executing deals and are comfortable jumping into the scouting and integration processes.
- Ability to frame problems concisely and thoughtfully, create narratives and tee up the key questions and decisions needed to drive a process forward.
- Strong project management skills; you can manage projects from end to end and drive to outcomes with little to no oversight.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and external parties - CEOs, bankers, venture capitalists, industry thought leaders, and Atlassians across every level and function -- and to become a trusted advisor to those parties in matters of corporate development and broader corporate strategy.
- Desire to contribute to the vision, strategy and direction of the broader Corporate Development team, and to the processes, tools, and best practices we need to make that vision a reality.
- Positive energy and a penchant for teamwork.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 6+ years of experience in product management, investment banking, corporate development, venture capital, and/or consulting.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, ideally with an opinionated perspective on the enterprise software space.
- Strong quantitative and valuation skills (DCF analysis, comps, etc), as well as demonstrable analytical thinking.
- Experience in enterprise SaaS and software technology industries.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- A passion for learning about new companies and technologies.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.