Director of Credit and Collections at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Director of Credit & Collections to grow our credit and collections processes. The Director will oversee the creation of solutions that improve our cash conversion cycle, optimize our credit risk, alleviate manual processes, and provide the reporting and data necessary for the business leaders to grow their business. This role will interact regularly with the VP of Financial Operations, the Treasurer, the Controller, the CFO, and the heads of our business units.
This role will be actively involved in the entire order-to-cash process. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is highly self-motivated and is strong in financial modeling and stakeholder engagement, while also being able to understand how credit and collections policies can best preserve our capital.What you’ll be doing:
- Take current team processes to the next level, including formalizing escalation procedures and processes
- Design monitoring strategy to identify whether credit strategy is working as expected or if a pivot in approach is required and to clearly identify the factors contributing to strategy effectiveness and performance
- Analyze current credit risk and develop a strategy to remedy any existing problems, while simultaneously building a go-forward strategy to underwrite our business to grow, within our risk tolerance
- Review programs with Strategy, Sales, and Product to identify credit program features that balance driving growth while maintaining financial stability
- Develop performance forecasts that take into account a variety of economic, market, and customer-specific factors
- Set objectives for the collections team that align with the accounting department's goals and ensure team goals are met
- Improve current collections metrics by effectively manage day-to-day collections activities and motivating the teams to identify, resolve, and mitigate account delinquencies
- Build out world-class reporting functionality that allows management to precisely understand our credit risk and how to address it
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including Sales, Finance, Legal and various business owners to ensure clear communication with Clients
- Work cross functionally with Product and Engineering teams to refine and improve our processes including providing scope, requirements design, and user acceptance testing
- Act as a key stakeholder in the implementation and rollout of HighRadius
- Manage bad debt expense forecasting and assessment process
- Prepare documentation and/or analysis to support audit requests
- Provide updates to senior management on credit risk issues, recommendations, and progress
- Strong bias to action
- Undergraduate degree preferred or equivalent experience in Finance, Accounting, and/or Business. MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years credit and/or collections experience, preferably for high-growth tech, heavy industry, or marketplace company
- 5+ years of management experience required
- Deep domain expertise in credit underwriting, process optimization, and risk mitigation
- Experience with Netsuite preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required
- Experience in identifying stakeholders, establishing relationships, and influencing others to get work done
- Excellent judgment, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills; can balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Experience working in fast-paced and frequently-changing environments; ability to thrive in ambiguity and self-direct
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values:
- Own the Mission
- Learn and Grow
- Solutions Over Ego
- Raise the Bar
In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with:
- Working alongside talented peers who will bring out the best in you
- The opportunity to significantly impact the growth curve of an already high-growth business
- Benefits for full-time employees, flexible paid time off, 401k with company matching, medical, dental and vision insurance
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel belonging, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicity, disability, age, veteran status, and citizenship. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!