DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION at Banyan Water
Founded in 2012, Banyan’s mission is to help solve the world’s water scarcity issues by providing data, insights, and technical solutions to enterprise commercial customers. We are passionate about water and are looking for a new member who would like to join our fast paced, early stage, small and growing start-up. Must be able to demonstrate prior work experience in a fast-paced start-up environment.
The Director of Finance and Administration will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the CEO. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will support the following areas: finance, business planning, budgeting, forecasting and analysis, human resources, and administration.
The Director of Finance and Administration will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership as Banyan continues to innovate and scale. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, mission-oriented, high-impact organization.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the CEO; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; maintain rolling forecast; and keep leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
- Assist in capital raising
Human Resources and Administration
- Further develop Banyan’s human resources and administration, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
- Minimum of a BA, ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree
- At least 10 years of overall professional experience; ideally six-plus years of broad financial and operations management experience
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously
- A track record of performing within a start-up environment
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment