Director of Finance, Controller at LogicMonitor
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS-based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
Right now, we are working from home temporarily due to Covid. Normally, our Austin team works downtown in the San Jacinto Center. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged - regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We encourage all people to come as they are.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity and treat each other fairly and with respect. We strive to find our own versions of personal and professional harmony through community building and holistic growth. We hear time and time again that our awesome people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their teams, and choose to stay.
To learn more about life at LogicMonitor, check out our Careers Page.
What you'll do
We are expanding our Finance team, and this is the perfect opportunity to join a high-growth company, with a chance to act as a change-agent and architect the Controller function for a significantly scaling business. In this role, you'll put your thumbprint on the role and department to help LM build out processes and prepare for a potential future IPO opportunity. This role, reporting into the CFO, plays a critical role in ensuring accuracy and controls in both the accounting operations and financial reporting of the company. The position ensures the accuracy of the financial records, providing timely and insightful analysis, and assisting in the overall application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) along with Domestic and International Audit and Tax compliance to help the Finance Department become a value-add to the entire LM organization.
Here's a closer look
- Manage all monthly, quarterly and year-end closings including year-end audit and the preparation of internal and external consolidated financial statements.
- Manage annual audit process and oversee preparation of audited financial statements.
- Partner with FP&A to ensure accurate reported results and forecasts, and provide management with timely financial information for effective strategic decision making. Oversees all general ledger, accounts payable, payroll and fixed asset activities, ensuring accurate and timely processing of transactions and compliance with internal policies.
- Responsible for all technical accounting including revenue recognition, implementation of new standards and compliance with all relevant existing standards.
- Supports the Company’s tax consultants to oversee the preparation and filing of the various tax returns, quarterly and annual tax provisions, and other tax projects.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, federal and international tax rules and regulations.
- Establish / refine, monitor and enforce appropriate internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Assess financial systems and process enhancements and drive improvements
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance with an Accounting emphasis; CPA Required; MBA preferred
- Certifications or training in latest technical accounting (e.g. 606) GAAP accounting reporting requirements
- Established track record in executing financial accounting operations at a $100m-$500m revenue company.
- Experience in Controller role at a publicly-listed company.
- 10-12 years mix of public and private accounting experience, with software/SaaS accounting experience required
- Thoroughly versed in GAAP, and have strong background in non-routine and complex transactions.
- Strong leadership skills, high EQ, and proactive problem-solving approach.
- Strong multi-tasking skills; organized and attentive to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to clearly and concisely interface with all levels of management.
- Serve as a strong leader and mentor for the accounting organization.
- Represent the Accounting organization and its cross departmental efforts with elegance and poise while cultivating a culture of “enabling” the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in leading employees and encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Experience leading employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
Residents of California, click Here to view our California Applicant Privacy Notice.