Director of Finance
New Knowledge is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the way companies understand disinformation, misinformation and fake news as a cyber security problem, and brands are under attack.
We build products that repair online communities, identify manipulation, and help them communicate more authentically. In a world where social media is being manipulated on a massive scale, this is no small task. We care about protecting communities, brands, and companies from being targeted by the spreading of disinformation. The kind of people who work with us have to be passionate about that challenge and mission.
We are led by successful entrepreneurs, NSA veterans and disinformation industry experts. Current clients include Fortune 100 customers across a number of industry verticals. New Knowledge backers include Moonshots Capital, GGV Capital and Capital Factory.
We are looking for a Director of Finance to join our rapidly growing team.
You will be responsible for financial planning, analysis and accounting with responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Ownership of the company's financial plan including regular updates and adjustments to the financial model and communication of key elements to the management team
- Strategic brainstorming discussions with the leadership team to enable decision makers to understand the financial impact of their ideas and strategies. Discuss “what if” scenarios as needed
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts including financial analysis of major initiatives to assess ROI, Payback Period, Risk, Failure, etc
- Collaborate with the executive team to create the most valuable metrics for our board meetings
- Complete budget vs. actual variance analysis and drive accountability across the company
- Drive compliance with key industry standards / customer audit requirements
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the departments goals and objectives including consistent interactions with our accounting team for process improvement
- Manage all our accounting and relationship with our CPA
- Pay all the bills in a timely manner
- Communicate with our clients and prepare invoices
- Manage large and complex government contracts
- Approve employee expenses
- Work closely with the Head of People, VP of Operations, and CEO on strategic projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Five (5) to Ten (10) plus years experience in a mid to senior level finance or accounting position required. Experience working with a venture-backed SaaS company (post Series A) preferred
- Expert knowledge in SaaS metrics and how financial decisions impact these metrics
- Experience and knowledge of developing and presenting business plans, models, and financial forecasts to management and the investment community
- You have a proven track record in building, motivating and leading teams & businesses
- You possess a deep desire to be a part of a fast growing startup culture
- We offer amazing Fortune 500 level company healthcare plans, vision and dental.
- We offer a 401(k) plus a 4% company match
- Unlimited vacation
- Stock options
- Free parking in our downtown office
- Membership to onsite gym and pool
- Internet stipend for remote employees
- $2,000 annual gadget policy to buy tech tools, from a computer to headphones to iPads, anything you need to do your job. You own these gadgets (not the company)
- $200 annual budget for books and any subscriptions you’d like
- Annual budget to purchase books and literature subscriptions
- Weekly catered lunches
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks and an endless supply of bubbly water
- Bi-monthly office events like happy hours, Alamo Drafthouse movies, escape rooms, stand up paddleboarding
- And most importantly, meaningful work. We all love coming to work everyday and making a difference to make this world a better place