Are you a seasoned finance professional? Are you an expert at providing strategic and tactical leadership and financial insight? Are you interested in contributing to a healthcare platform that puts accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth?
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Director of Financial Transformation to take the lead on transforming the global Babylon finance organization by establishing and executing a road map for the integration of the finance activities of acquired entities, driving automation initiatives and optimizing the efficiency and effectiveness of accounting and FP&A controls and processes. Babylon is maturing rapidly through a combination of organic growth, substantial M&A activity and announcement of an intention to become a US listed company so this is an exciting time to be joining us.
You will be at the forefront of setting best practice, designing global financial controls and driving integration initiatives that are critical to the future state of Babylon’s financial and accounting operations.
You can be located in either Austin, TX or the Bay Area, SF.
WHAT YOU'LL WORK ON
- Establish a financial road map that can be applied globally to optimize financial controls and processes to reflect growth driven by organic and inorganic transaction activity
- Optimize the design of the monthly accounting close process, FP&A and financial KPI reporting for all Babylon acquired businesses
- Project manage the integration of acquired company finance functions and processes into Babylon’s global processes
- Influence decision making relating to the future organizational structure of certain Babylon entities given financial considerations including taxes, transfer pricing and regulatory reporting requirements
- Work closely with acquired businesses to ensure that they follow Babylon’s global accounting and finance policies (ensuring appropriate accounting policies are adhered to, account reconciliations are performed, and financial operations are in line with Babylon’s expectation)
- Collaborate with the Babylon Corporate Development team on M&A activities and be the finance representative on M&A steering groups relating to pre and post acquisition responsibilities
- Partner with Babylon’s Director of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting to ensure acquired entities are following the accounting standards of the group
- Partner with Babylon’s UK and US Financial Controllers and the Babylon global FP&A team on system and automation initiatives
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Accounting qualification and +10 years post qualification experience
- Experience of developing financial processes in tech startup/high growth environments preferred
- Proven track record of successfully integrating financial systems and controls in an M&A setting, embedding automation to enhance financial processes and driving financial transformation either in a consulting capacity or within industry
- Strong effective communicator across peers and to leadership teams
- Ability to project manage significant financial transformation initiatives, problem-solve and turn high ambiguity into actionable insight
- Mature attitude and steady hands
- Comfortable working in a high growth and fast paced environment
- A detailed understanding of transaction processing and financial reporting with Netsuite and/or Adaptive Insights experience a plus
WORKING AT BABYLON
Whether you work in one of our amazing offices or a distributed team, Babylon is highly collaborative and fun! You’ll have a chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders. We have a learning environment where you can make an impact.
WHO WE ARE
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
DIVERSITY AT BABYLON
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.