As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Director of FP&A that will be responsible for partnering with our fast growing Construction business. The Director will oversee the creation of solutions that accelerate analysis cycle times, alleviate manual processes, and provide the reporting and data necessary for the business leaders to grow their business. This role will interact regularly with the head of our Construction business, CFO, COO, and our head of Strategy.
This role will be actively involved in all aspects of Workrise’s FP&A process, and will include but is not limited to budgets and forecasts, Monthly Financial Reviews, Board Reporting, Business Unit partnership, and Company Financial updates. This role will require getting deep into the weeds and delivering strong strategic insights to company management. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is highly self-motivated and is strong in financial modeling, stakeholder engagement, and data analysis with an eagerness to find the “why” behind the numbers.
Why Join us? Our FP&A team at Workrise is a highly visible team who use both quantitative and qualitative analysis to plan and evaluate Workrise’s financial performance against company goals. FP&A transforms the Workrise strategy and vision into a financial plan using critical analysis, planning and modeling. It leads annual planning and forecasts revenue, expenses and profitability, sets annual financial targets and is critical to Workrise’s success.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee the development and maintenance of forecasting models for the Construction business
- Ability to present business performance and financial information through real time reporting, company level communications, and executive/board level presentations
- Develop strong relationships with your Business partners to understand the nuances of the business
- Distill ambiguous information into qualitative insights and bring a sophisticated level of statistical and quantitative analysis to the business
- Work closely with the accounting, ops and analytics teams to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Partner with reporting to develop a cohesive set of insights into the Construction business
- Apply advanced G-Suite and Office skills to ensure that Finance creates visually impactful slides for executive and Board-level presentations
- Leverage and improve current systems and processes to increase productivity and accuracy of the FP&A team
- Proactively identify opportunities for growth and improvement across the organization
- Work with product development teams to drive and understand future functionality
- Strong bias to action
- Undergraduate degree preferred or equivalent professional experience in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or a comparably quantitatively rigorous field. MBA or other advanced degree strongly preferred
- 10+ years of FP&A, Revenue Operations, or equivalent experience preferably working for high-growth tech, construction, or marketplace company
- Investment banking or consulting experience strongly preferred
- Experience with Netsuite and Tableau a plus
- Experience working with large datasets with excellent financial modeling and analytical skills, using key tools within Excel and G-Suite
- Experience in managing and coaching analysts
- Excellent Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical and system skills
- Experience in to identifying stakeholders, establishing relationships, and influencing others to get work done
- Excellent judgment, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills; can balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Able to translate financial analytics into clear and insightful recommendations for business stakeholders
- Experience working in fast-paced and frequently-changing environments; ability to thrive in ambiguity and self-direct
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!