Director Global Revenue
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
The Finance team is seeking an accounting professional to build a Global Revenue Accounting function. The Director of Global Revenue Accounting will be responsible for providing technical expertise in revenue recognition. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator coupled with exceptional technical strength that can provide proactive guidance and leadership on product revenue accounting.
We are looking for a CPA with strong analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Strong business acumen and the ability to influence change and partner with global eCommerce through written and verbal communications.
What you’ll do:
- Partner and collaborate with our global eCommerce and Finance teams to provide recommendations based on revenue recognition policy and procedures.
- Be on the front lines of our business to drive rapid technical analysis, forming a point of view and appropriate recommendations upon the release of new or changing products, newly acquired businesses and revenue streams.
- Ownership of timely documentation including analysis of multi-element revenue arrangements and related revenue accounting treatment under current revenue recognition rules including ASC 606 and IFRS 15 for our foreign locations.
- Develop, manage and coach our global revenue team.
- Recommend, design and implement process improvements in conjunction with our global eCommerce team.
- Address ad-hoc reporting and revenue analytics reporting.
- Provide revenue recognition guidance and training to the business.
- Responsible for month end revenue closing and reconciliation. Ensure completeness and accuracy of revenue and receivables for internal and external reporting
- CPA required.
- 10+ years progressive experience plus relevant managerial roles.
- Significant Technology industry experience
- Revenue recognition experience, specifically ASC 605 and 606 and IFRS 15.
- Strong technical accounting background and excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Familiarity with revenue recognition engines and reporting systems preferred.
- Public company accounting experience.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.