Director of Tax at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Director of Tax is a highly visible role across the organization with C-suite exposure. In this newly created role, you will provide critical enterprise-wide leadership and drive our global tax structure including tax provision, tax planning and tax compliance. You will play a key role in cross functional initiatives and manage and lead the global tax team.Responsibilities
- Lead worldwide GAAP tax provision, tax reserves (FIN 48 & FAS 5) and related disclosures. Lead compliance (US Federal, US States and International), accounting for income taxes, technical research, process improvement, and risk and controls
- Ensure compliance with US and international tax laws and regulations, US GAAP, SOX, and other domestic and international requirements
- Develop and lead tax strategy, assessing the tax impact of strategic initiatives, and driving tax decision-making that improves shareholder value
- Provide active support/advising leadership in strategic decision-making, due diligence, mergers/acquisitions, restructuring, etc. to ensure business planning accounts for relevant tax considerations
- Continue to develop and implement transfer pricing strategy, monitor transfer pricing policies and related documentation
- Actively partner with foreign operations on local tax matters (income tax, VAT, withholding tax, etc.)
- Manage indirect tax compliance and risks, advise on employment tax
- Lead global tax audits
- Review, analyze and maintain support for valuation allowances and stock compensation impacts of US and Foreign employees
- Lead automation and digital transformation for tax function
- Lead, develop, and mentor team members in the US and foreign locations, encouraging a collaborative team atmosphere
- Build, maintain, and leverage close working relationships with internal partners, including executive management, financial reporting, accounting, treasury, legal, HR and business operations
- 15+ years of professional experience in tax accounting, including at a public, technology company
- 5+ years in a senior/lead tax role with demonstrated experience managing a global tax function/team
- Experience with tax accounting for valuation allowances, treatment of stock compensation, international tax structure and cost sharing structures
- CPA license required
- Masters in Tax preferred
- Deep technical expertise with demonstrated experience resolving complex tax issues
- Experience successfully running multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to quickly understand and integrate business objectives with tax strategies, and effectively communicate tax requirements to executive leadership
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.