Director, Total Rewards at DISCO
The DISCO People Team is on a mission to create a magical experience for current and future Discovians. The leader of Total Rewards, reporting to the head of Talent Operations, will provide strategic leadership to align our total rewards philosophy to our company strategy. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of rewards and benefit programs that enable DISCO to attract, retain, and develop exceptional talent. The ideal candidate will bring an in-depth understanding of external best practices and market trends to strengthen our total rewards philosophy and programs in our hyper-growth environment. This role will manage all aspects of the global employee benefits programs, (i.e., insurance, bonus, 401k, stock planning, recognition & wellness) ensuring we are competitive in the marketplace. You will grow the Total Rewards team by hiring both a Benefits Manager and Compensation Consultant and ensure career development and coaching, in addition to achieving results.What You'll Do
- Lead the strategy, design, and administration of a comprehensive rewards strategy and programs in the U.S. and internationally as we expand including compensation, benefits/wellness, and mobility programs
- Strategically identify industry best practices and benchmarks, and develop recommendations to align to talent strategy and DISCO business goals. Continuously monitor emerging trends and cutting edge total rewards strategies to ensure market competitiveness.
- Lead the annual benefits renewal and open enrollment cycles including market analysis, plan design, cost modeling, and stakeholder management. Partner with broader talent operations and internal communications to system configuration and drive communications respectively.
- Lead design and implementation of incentive compensation programs and bonus plans.
- Partner in the implementation of annual sales comp plans with plan design from Finance and the Revenue organization.
- Administrer 401k and retirement savings plans, including compliance and plan audits.
- Develop robust and motivating recognition and wellness programs for DISCO.
- Effectively manage and collaborate with vendors, external partners, and brokers in the management of contacts to ensure the maximum value of the services provided to DISCO employees.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of compensation programs and incentive designs to validate ROI and support the overall business strategy, including our recruiting and retention goals.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to HRBPs, managers, and employees for compensation and benefit related matters. Develop initiatives to educate managers and employees on our total rewards strategy and offerings.
- Drive compensation and rewards cycles on a bi-annual basis ensuring adherence to timelines and budgets. Partner with internal communications and CoEs to ensure communication and processes are effective and streamlined.
- Develop and administer equity/stock programs.
- Collaborate with the Chief Human Resources Officer to develop Executive Compensation Programs as needed. Play a key role in creation of Compensation Committee materials for the Board of Directors.
- Develop internal operating procedures and controls for the administration and management of benefits.
- Leverage your team’s strengths and create team practices that drive collaboration in order to maximize engagement, a sense of belonging, and performance. Build the next generation of DISCO leaders; create space for continuous organizational learning needed for disruption, innovation, and growth to happen
- Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or Management
- Demonstrated thought leadership in total rewards strategic design and implementation
- 10+ years of professional compensation experience preferred, including market and competitive analysis, compensation analytics, and program management
- Experience with global benefits and wellness programs, including broker partnership, plan design, and implementation
- Strong business acumen and track record of aligning business strategy to total rewards solutions
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, oral, and written
- Compensation experience involving working with Executive Compensation and Board of Director Compensation Committees
- Knowledge of legislation as it relates to pay and benefit programs, 401(k), medical, welfare, etc.
- Knowledge of Workday strongly preferred
- You must be highly ethical and maintain confidentiality in your HR role
- Change is constant in DISCO’s growth environment – know when and how to introduce meaningful change leveraging the principles of change management with the goal of quick adoption
- Have a mindset that looks for ways to reduce friction for the business and rejects the notion of rules just for “rules sake” but rather have the courage to suggest what is the right thing for both the employee and the business
- Outstanding Excel/Google Sheets & Powerpoint/Google Slides skills for analyzing, reporting, and presentations.
- CCP certification
- Experience in high-tech SaaS or legal domain
- Experience scaling a high growth company and who has a mix of startup and enterprise level experience.
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
In 2020, 171 law firms in the 2020 AmLaw 200 used DISCO in the course of legal work on behalf of their clients. More than 800 enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and government organizations are DISCO customers.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.