Escrow Assistant at Orchard
Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 200+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
We are proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine as a best workplace of 2020 and have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating!
- Assist with pre-close and post-close document preparation and tasks in support of the Escrow and Closing teams:
- Coordinate the collection of key documents and information from customers and external providers
- Review contracts, commitments, and orders to ensure all information is correct in preparation for the closing
- Assemble all necessary documents to prepare files and closing packages
- Manage data and document storage: transmit, scan, and file into appropriate systems
- Liaise with external partners (e.g., notaries, surveyors, HOAs) and coordinate activities critical for closing
- Work closely with the funding team to send accurate funds to correct recipients and lenders within established deadlines
- Clearly communicate and collaborate with cross-department contacts in Customer Experience / Sales, Contract Operations, and Funding to stay aligned on progress and status of active transactions; proactively work with teams across Orchard to resolve issues in the Title process to avoid delays
- Connect with clients to provide weekly updates on the progress of their transactions and set proper expectations
- High School diploma or equivalent is required; a Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 1-2 yrs of administrative experience is required
- Experience in the real estate industry is preferred (title/escrow/real estate/property management)
- Microsoft Suite and Google Doc proficient
- Confident working with technologies and speciality software (e.g. Qualia)
- Team player, who subscribes to the concept of “Team Before Self” and always willing to pitch in for the good of the team
- Finds satisfaction in mastering complex processes and contributing with the understanding of his/her role within a larger series of processes
- Organized and exceptionally detail-oriented
- Appreciates the importance of thinking about the customer's experience and following through on important responsibilities to ensure the best outcomes for our customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills