Expense Analyst—Asset Management
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
The Expense Analyst will be a part of our growing Asset Management department overseeing the single family real estate investment portfolio. The Expense Analyst will be responsible for internal and external communication for our investment properties, monthly and quarterly analysis on expense related costs as well as ad-hoc projects. The candidate will join a ~10 person Expense Management team within Asset Management as the team absorbs more responsibilities related to the initial renovation decisions for single family rental homes. This is a great opportunity in a fast paced, challenging environment with upward mobility!
- Monitors daily flow of costs related to the initial renovation of single family rental homes
- Possesses an understanding of repair scopes as they pertain to individual investor goals
- Ensures pricing adheres to company standards
- May coordinate directly with investors for approval of various expenses
- Conducts weekly calls to monitor repair timelines and budgets
- Understands the economic impact of costs as they relate to an asset’s net operating income and rent potential
- Performs portfolio-wide financial analyses focusing on expense management
- Ad hoc financial analysis supporting management requests
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Real Estate, Accounting or similar field required
- 0-3 years of experience in Finance or related field; knowledge of Real Estate preferred
- Strong verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with internal and external professionals
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and proactively manage management’s expectations
- History of being extremely detail-oriented and organized with a proven ability to work well in a high intensity environment to complete tasks quickly and effectively
- Ability to understand how strategic decisions and operational actions affect financial results
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!