We believe that everyone should have access to professional legal advice. So, we've built a trusted and accessible technology-based platform to reduce barriers and help empower millions of people to grow their business, care for their families, protect their ideas and more. From Estate Planning, to Business Formations to IP, we've helped millions of customers with the protection and peace of mind they need. To date, we've grown to become the leading provider of online legal solutions for families and small businesses, and we're committed to making our services even more valuable and easier to use than ever before. Join us!
Overview The global Finance team is seeking a qualified candidate to join our growing and dynamic team. We seek an individual who is familiar with our Business Formation fulfillment process and who is seeking to expand this role by handling the filing fee check function. This position will also have general administrative responsibilities. The successful candidate is detailed oriented and deadline-driven.
What you'll do:
- Process filing fee check runs (multiple check runs a day).
- This includes printing, matching/collating checks with Filings and/or distributing checks
- Process void checks, which includes entering void checks and related cancellation of vouchers
- Reconcile check sequence and troubleshooting any exceptions
- Prepare cash management entries in the accounting system
- Communicate check request exceptions
- Process customer refund checks and cashier checks
- Responsible for trust account replenishment and related journal entries
- Process high volume vendor invoices
- Communicate clearly and effectively between multiple departments
- Assist in ad-hoc projects as needed
- Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Microsoft Office Excel skills
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to exercise sound and independent judgment
- Ability to manage time and prioritize multiple deliverables
- Deadline driven
- Detail oriented
- Able to follow processes and controls
- Solid typing skills including use of 10-Key
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity.