Finance Director at Shipwell
Shipwell is fundamentally changing the shipping and logistics industry by building a connected platform that provides solutions for your entire supply chain. We are streamlining the way shippers, 3PLs, and carriers have operated for decades using ground-breaking technology to provide automation and workflow solutions in an established industry that comprises over 5% GDP. Shipwell created the first truly connected digital supply chain platform that provides real-time connectivity, visibility, automation, and bullet-proof APIs. We are a Series B startup that is backed by world-class investors, such as First Round Capital, Fifth Wall, and Georgian Partners.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
Shipwell is looking for a Finance Director to join our growing team! The finance director will be the first dedicated member of the finance division and have the opportunity to build a finance organization from the ground up as we continue our rapid growth. The role will focus on overall organizational finance from detailed modeling, analyzing internal reports, and designing key financial metrics, to arranging and overseeing the overall completion of collections. As a leader within Shipwell you will be a crucial part of the decision-making process in approving investments, measuring outcomes, and defining our future.
What you’ll do when you get here:
- Own the Shipwell financial model and lead forecasting, planning, and budgeting efforts
- Develop reports and metrics to drive efficiency and measure success against financial targets
- Generate monthly and quarterly forecasts with input from co-founders
- Collaborate with the sales team to manage the commission process and design P&Ls
- Oversee and assist with financial controls, account reconciliations, and collections
- Manage an ERP system migration and subsequent updates to accommodate additional scale and growth within the company
- Help build a world-class finance organization through selecting, developing, and mentoring team members to ensure effectiveness and alignment with current and future goals
What you need to have:
- 7+ years’ applicable finance / FP&A experience at a Fortune 500 company, a growing technology company, investment bank or consulting firm
- 2+ years’ progressive experience leading and managing teams
- Demonstrated experience working with three-statement financial models
- ERP system experience (Quickbooks and NetSuite) and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
What is preferred:
- Experience in the logistics or supply chain industry
What we offer:
- Incredible growth opportunity at one of the fastest-growing companies in Austin
- Competitive Pay
- Amazing company culture
- Room to grow and tons of mentoring
- Gym reimbursement and onsite Fitness Classes
- Being a part of a rapidly growing startup company
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Company-sponsored healthcare insurance and dental insurance
- Team building events and office competitions
- Partial cell phone reimbursement
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
- Opportunity to put your thumbprint on a high-growth company in the early stages
- An open work environment where everyone (even the new folks) has a voice