- Provides business decision support to marketing Vice Presidents through effective financial modeling and by identifying, analyzing, and clearly communicating opportunities and risks.
- Provides insightful analysis and reporting on financial results to assist global leadership in driving sales and profitability.
- Supports development of marketing business cases for annual budgeting and quarterly Investment Governance Council submissions.
- Leads preparation and analysis for monthly business reviews, maintaining a high level of data accuracy and integrity and proactively communicating findings from analysis.
- Maintains a complete understanding of WFM financial systems and management accounting structures and translates and explains financial information from other parts of the business (e.g. marketing) into these systems and accounting structures.
- Trains peers at global and regional support offices on financial disciplines, specifically as they relate to financial analysis, forecasting, and/or financial reporting at WFM.
- Identifies and assists in developing scope and requirements for improvements to WFM financial systems and information in order to generate efficiencies in the ways this information is created and used.
- Provides ad-hoc analysis and other duties as requested.
- Maintains headcount and expense planning for supported business groups.
- Provides analysis on forecast accuracy, proactively identifying and communicating opportunities for improvement.
- May have team leader responsibilities over 1-2 Team Members.
- The above describe the general requirements for the position. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements as the business and needs evolve.
- Bachelors degree, Finance or Accounting (MBA preferred).
- Minimum of 7+ years of financial analysis and marketing experience.
- 2+ years of leadership experience preferred
- Possess superb knowledge and understanding of financial systems, financial planning and analysis, and accounting principles.
- Planning/Forecasting experience is a strong plus, preferably experience in a dynamic, scenario driven rolling forecast environment with a strong focus on accuracy.
- Presents problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present information in different forums and with all/multiple levels of leadership.
- Positive attitude, ability to work well and fast under pressure, exceptional customer service attitude.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed, as well as be a team player.
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in Enterprise Performance solutions –Adaptive Insights, Power BI, and Tableau software a plus.
- Knowledge of Whole Foods Market principles and core values.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.