Financial Analyst – Marketing, e-commerce, & New Product Development
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you have the opportunity to create something exceptional, build something sustainable and make a real impact. We are built for the wild.
YETI is searching for an individual to fill the role of Finance Analyst supporting three of our most strategic and innovative functions – Marketing, E*Commerce, & New Product Development functions. The role will be a key business partner to several of YETI’s key business teams, including Brand Marketing, Community Marketing, E*Commerce, Category Management, and R&D. The position will own the Financial Planning & Analysis activities and provide analytical support for each of these groups.
This individual needs to be highly analytical with the ability to synthesize data and make sound business recommendations to management. They must be a collaborative problem-solver, who not only understands the numbers, but also the broader business context around them. To be successful, the person must be able to communicate effectively with both the finance teams as well as the operating teams.
A look at your day-to-day
- Analyze & report monthly financial & operational results, including the interpretation of current month performance as a tool for predicting future results.
- Support the month-end close process for the marketing organization
- Develop processes to report, forecast, and better control marketing spend by product category & sales channel
- Create reporting that helps executive management understand YETI’s total addressable market, including key changes from prior periods and in competitive dynamics.
- Generate and analyze financial & operational results at a product category level; Provide insights to the Category Management teams with operational drivers of key variances to plan and prior periods.
- Conduct analyses to gain deeper insights into our E*commerce business. Help the E*Commerce teams understand how to scale, manage and grow the business predictably and profitably.
- Support YETI’s New Product Development process through the creation of business cases for future products, from concept to launch.
- Partner with the rest of the Corporate FP&A team to complete the annual budgeting process and monthly forecast process
- Generate Quarterly Business Review, Board Of Directors, and other management presentations
- Own various ad hoc analysis and presentations as needed for senior management
- Lead projects and initiatives focused on improving productivity and simplifying processes throughout the organization
Now for a little bit about you….
- Undergraduate degree in finance or accounting with strong academic credentials
- MBA considered valuable but not required
- 2-4 years of finance experience, primarily in an FP&A or Operational Finance function
- Experience with fast growing, global consumer goods companies
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- SAP experience a plus
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter and persistent with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Is known for developing and delivering results on a timely basis
- Able to work in an ambiguous, fast-growing team-first environment
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Perks At YETI? We’ve got ya covered…
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- Lunch with our cool Ambassadors from the outdoor industry – get a chance to meet & break bread with your favorite fishing guides, BBQ pit masters and hunting pro’s
- Competitive PTO program PLUS Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of PTO with each year of service (up to 5 additional days after 5 years)
- Day of Service – 1 day per year to do community volunteer work
- Benefits coverage (health, dental, vision, etc) and 401K
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Casual work environment – what else would you expect for a cooler company?
- Standing desk options
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.