ScaleFactor is changing the way modern SMBs operate by automating complex accounting tasks and translating financial information into usable business insights, empowering our customer base to focus on growing their businesses. Our SaaS platform provides a unique combination of core financial functionality coupled with cutting-edge AI that continuously analyzes the health of our customers business in real time.
JOB TITLE: FINANCIAL ANALYST
Today, with 160 employees and growing, ScaleFactor’s intuitive software automates accounting, reporting, tax and other financial operations to save business owners time and money. ScaleFactor’s team of dedicated experts are on a mission to revolutionize accounting and finance solutions and empower business owners to make the best strategic financial decisions to scale their businesses. We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our rapidly growing team.
As the first Financial Analyst on the Finance team, you will work directly with the Director of Finance to deliver corporate reporting packages, provide key business insights, and conduct ad hoc financial analysis across business units. This is a highly visible role that will interact with leaders across the organization.
You are an analytical, operationally oriented professional who is able to aggregate, disaggregate, and interpret financial data to convey business results. You also process a strong ability to perform in a highly demanding and unstructured environment while consistently adhering to deadlines.
- Maintain the company’s core financial model and work with the Director of Finance to establish short-term and long-term financial forecasts
- Provide ongoing analytical support including monthly rolling forecast, and prepare thorough variance analysis against actual results
- Assist Director of Finance on ad hoc strategic, financial, and operational analyses including new business models, Marketing program spend ROI, etc
- Drive the development and production of marketing budgets, pacing, and recurring forecasts
- Coordinate budget development; partner with department heads in preparing, implementing and controlling expenditures
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Partner closely with accounting and other department leaders to tighten internal controls around budgeting and spend tracking
- Actively seek out opportunities for process improvements and efficiency gains
- Operate with minimal supervision and able to make informed, well-reasoned decisions independently
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical finance role, prior operational FP&A experience within a fast-moving start-up company preferred
- Substantial experience with financial modeling with the ability to quickly grasp and apply concepts
- Self-starter attitude that is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively with business partners as needed
- Highly analytical and quantitative, with rigorous attention to detail
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong, cross-functional working relationships and add value as a financial business partners
- Master or MBA degree
- Experience with Sage Intacct, NetSuite, and Salesforce
- Background in software, information technology and/or financial services is a definite advantage, particularly SaaS, including software revenue recognition
- Work at one of Austin’s Best Places to Work in 2017, 2018 and 2019 - enjoy amazing culture, dynamic office, and work alongside the best and brightest in the industry
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health, dental, and vision benefits package
- Unlimited vacation, flexible hours & optional work offsite days
- Stock options
- Unlimited cold brews & snacks
- Dog and cat friendly office located in East Austin
If this describes you, apply online! We can’t want to talk to you about our Financial Analyst opportunity