In this role, you will:
- Assist in the annual budgeting process by collaborating with various department cost centers to determine their needs and associated expenses, providing historical support schedules as needed.
- Collaborate with Controlling team and cost center owners to review monthly financial information, monitor trends and report on variances from actual to budget/forecast.
- Prepare monthly forecasts, collecting and tracking new hiring requests, expense trends and revenue performance.
- Support the treasury requirements of the business including cash flow forecasting, borrowing base reporting and covenant monitoring.
- Support our commission analyst in the monthly calculation of sales team commissions (~500 staff).
- Support implementation of commission process best practices including cataloging compensation changes, summary reporting and documenting standard operating procedures.
- Gain exposure to enterprise-level financials systems, including Netsuite and Adaptive Insights.
- Contribute to other financial and accounting initiatives and ad hoc analyses as needed.
The ideal candidate is/has:
- Undergraduate degree from a respected university in business, finance, statistics, or accounting.
- 2-4 years in a finance, accounting or consulting role (experience in public audit, consulting, lending, equity research or M&A advisory strongly preferred).
- Strong understanding of each of the three primary financial statements.
- Enjoys organizing and working with large data sets.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and general understanding of Googlesheets, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Execution-focused, sense of urgency attitude with a collaborative, team mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement.
- Strong problem-solving skills with high attention to detail and a penchant for accuracy.
- Comfortable with multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Unquestioned confidentiality, personal integrity and work ethic.
- Make an immediate impact in a hyper-growth organization.
- Work in the booming city of Austin TX!
- Earn a competitive compensation package.
- Collaborate alongside experts in the logistics industry.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!
- Get active at the MET Center's hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!