Financial Analyst at A Cloud Guru
We’re a company founded by engineers, comprised of engineers, building the world’s largest cloud learning and transformation platform with a bold mission – giving individuals and businesses the chance to change their trajectory. Our fun and engaging courses have helped more than 1 MILLION engineers learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.Working at A Cloud Guru
We’re a smart, quirky, tight-knit team who’s passionate about our purpose, who works hard, learns together, and laughs together. We look for people who are excited to work with purpose, who can add their own unique quirkiness to our own. We’re proud to say we champion diversity and are committed to making coming to work an enjoyable experience for all.Our Values
Champion our customers: We connect with and truly care about our customers
Be thoughtful but decisive: We move swiftly and confidently with grounded logic
Learn all the things: We bring insatiable curiosity to our roles every day
Be hungry, stay humble: We always bring our A-game, never our ego
Keep it fun: Above all, have fun and make 'em smile!
Our people matter to us. We understand that everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers so our employees can access a whole host of perks and benefits that include:
- 4 weeks of PTO per year
- Generous gender neutral paid parental leave
- Family Planning Benefit
- A Cloud Guru Idea Hours - We set aside 2 hours per week to learn something new!
- Catered lunch three times a week
- A well-stocked fridge and kitchen
- Quarterly continuing education budget
As a Financial Analyst, you will work with our incredible Finance team to support our rapidly growing organization. Your role is critical to A Cloud Guru's financial process, working with with data that greatly impacts the direction and financial outcome of our B2B and B2C businesses. We are looking for a person who thrives in a fast-paced environment, while remaining meticulous around data quality and accuracy. Someone with a desire to identify areas of improvement, deliver impactful results, and grow quickly inside of a small (but mighty) finance team would thrive in this position.In this role you’ll get to:
- Experience the high-volume activity and immense growth that comes as the result of our recent acquisition
- Assist in the process of unifying A Cloud Guru and Linux Academy's financial analytics, to include merging of data and new systems integrations
- Construct, develop, manage, and own financial models to support key initiatives and business decision
- Work with cross-functional business partners (including Sales, Marketing, and Business Operations) to develop repeatable and accurate forecasting processes
- Work with a hilarious Finance & Accounting team
- Dissect complex models and data
- Prepare monthly budget-to-actual reporting and variance analysis
- Model business scenarios and track performance metrics
- Quickly pivot to compile ad-hoc reporting and any analysis needs
- Confidently explain complex findings using simple language
- Work proactively identify problems and present possible solutions
- 1+ years' experience; Internship experience also accepted!
- Background in analytical modeling
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Experience working with SaaS or subscription-based customers (preferred)
- Experience with Salesforce (preferred)
- Previous experience in a start-up or scale-up is highly advantageous
Does this sound like you? Want to help us teach the world to cloud? Get in touch, we’d love to talk!Our crew
Our team is spread across the globe, primarily in the US, Australia and the UK. This role will be based in our offices in Austin, Texas. While we do have remote workers, this role requires you to be in our Austin, TX office.
A Cloud Guru is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome all to join the team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. At A Cloud Guru, we champion diversity and know that an inclusive environment is critical to our success.