ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of the Finance and Contract Analyst is to prepare and deliver various financial reports and financial models that are presented to different levels within and outside the organization. This position is responsible for the timely and accurate monthly accounting close functions, balance sheet reconciliations, annual audit and budgeting process for the value services organization (VSO)’s managed provider groups. This position reviews, reconciles, and analyzes data to ensure delivery of client financial reporting and is accountable for the financial integrity of information reported, as well the identification of trends. This Analyst also builds models for risk contracts to assist with negotiations. This position has regular contact with the Bright Health finance team.
- Assist in the compilation and analysis of financial statements,
- Enhance and develop system for analysis, reporting, and presentation.
- Prepare and distribute report packages to MSO Client and SVP of VSO
- Support comprehensive financial analysis related to risk-based contracts
- Build and present financial models for VSO risk contracts
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis as requested by SVP of VSO or the client
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- 3+ years of Physician Organization or Health Plan, Hospital Finance and/or Health Plan experience
- Familiarity with provider and health plan contracting, delineation of risk, medical terminology and standard industry reimbursement methodologies required
- Proficiency in Excel (VBA’s, macros, Pivot tables, vlookup, hlookup), Power Point, MS Access, and other Microsoft Office Systems required
- Strong collaboration skills to work with internal and external teams to effectively design solutions that meet the business needs
- High attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, work ethic, problem solving ability, and overall positive attitude
- Effective communication skills including verbal and written
- Ability to manage time effectively, understand directions, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated flexibility, organization, and self-motivation
- Adaptable to change
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.