If you read the below description and feel this position excites you, but your experience does not add up 100%, we encourage you to still apply and tell us why! We look forward to learning what makes you passionate and purposeful.
About the job
The Finance team partners with business leaders across the company and drives impact through a grounding in hard data, an independent point of view, a bias to action, a collaborative approach, and a focus on the development of our people. We balance the roles of trusted advisor and guardian to reveal opportunity, manage risk, and shape investment decisions across markets and products. Successful candidates for this team have a bias towards action, exceptional analysis and communication skills, and know-how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast.
Financial Analysts ensure that Levelset makes sound financial and strategic decisions. As a Financial Analyst, you will play an instrumental role in analyzing strategies and will help managers understand financial and operational performance. As someone who knows the details of the business inside and out, you'll be responsible for tracking, analyzing, and reporting on multiple parts of a dynamic and growing business. Whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, you will work on complex problems and data sets and apply your attention to detail to quantify business impact. You will work closely with the Vice President of Finance, Finance managers, and other analysts on both routine and ad hoc projects across the business.
- Gather, consolidate, and analyze operating and financial results, including preparing internal and external reporting deliverables, analyzing trends & drivers, and explaining forecast vs. actual variances.
- Validate and track monthly performance models and report month over month variances to forecast and annual plan
- Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, automate and scale analysis and reporting tools, processes, and methodologies.
- Partner with internal teams with on-going and ad-hoc reporting and decision support to scope and execute analysis and reporting projects.
- Develop and track operational and financial metrics and reporting dashboards for distribution to the management team
- Contribute meaningfully to quarterly forecast and budget planning cycles
- Interact with department managers and Business Intelligence teams to ensure strategic and analytical alignment, as well as data consistency and efficiency
- Dive deep into market, product and performance data to understand how user behaviors and market landscape are changing, and identify opportunities to grow the business, accelerate growth and drive product adoption/usage.
- Model out the P&L impacts of business initiatives and provide recommendations that aid decision-making
- Help define and implement scalable financial processes related to quarter-end close, including accruals and reporting
- Provide insights to business partners through variance analysis, scenario based modeling and long-range forecasting
- Consolidate metrics from each team to drive top-line reporting and forecasts
- Understand and evolve reporting of KPIs for our SaaS and fintech business models
- Provide support on recurring and ad hoc reporting requests from investors and others
- Our ideal candidate has a voracious curiosity, is a great problem solver, and is effective both independently and in a team. We are looking for someone that’s passionate about finance and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, and feedback-driven environment.
- You have 2-4 years years of work experience in FP&A, economic/financial consulting, investment banking, business strategy, business operations and/or analytics
- A proven problem solver who can research, analyze, and wrangle numerical and operational complexity into impressive solutions.
- You're highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic and you're looking for the right company to support your growth.
- Proactive, thoughtful, & highly organized; able to work under tight deadlines while maintaining impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured environment; comfortable dealing with ambiguity and a fast-paced environment, with a passion for taking ownership of your work
- Excellent quantitative, written, and presentation skills, with the ability to be innovative, organized, and thorough, and distill complex thoughts into simple and impactful points
- You love spreadsheets. You have excellent Excel and data analysis skills, including experience building and coding your own models from scratch.
- You have a broad academic and practical understanding of finance concepts such as NPV, IRR, etc. and an academic and practical GAAP knowledge
- Preferred Qualifications
- BA, BS, or MBA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or quantitative field (e.g., mathematics, statistics, economics).
- Experience with B2C, Subscription, and B2B SaaS business models and metrics such as ROAS, LTV, CAC, Churn, CPP, ASP, Retention, etc. in order to influence decision making
- Experience writing SQL queries and retrieving data from relational databases. Experience with Tableau, R, or similar tools.
- Experience with Salesforce, Netsuite, Stripe, Hubspot, Marketo, Segment
Levelset has been named one of the "Best Places to Work" by New Orleans CityBusiness three years in a row for our mission-driven culture and commitment to internal and external growth. Backed by venture funding, we are growing rapidly and looking for new exciting team members to add their unique talents to our mission. We empower contractors to always get what they earn, and our software platform makes lien rights, payment paperwork, and compliance in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid faster, have easier access to capital, and fewer surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by Horizons Ventures, S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Levelset is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, with offices in Austin, Texas, and Cairo, Egypt, and is about 200 employees strong.
- We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems
- With a newly distributed workforce, we make engagement and employee wellness even more of a priority. We want you to love your job!
- We believe professional growth (i.e. building your skills) is essential. Working here provides the opportunity for increased responsibility, continuous learning, and more.
- We have a very welcoming culture that starts at the top with our CEO.
- Nothing is a secret here, we think honesty and transparency create a productive workplace.
- Recognition for hard work and demonstrating our core values is important to us.
- Competitive health benefits, including mental, emotional, and behavioral health benefits and an easy to use Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible sick & personal leave policy needed for health, family, and parenting during this tough time.
- Open vacation policy without a cap on the number of days-off. We do require employees to take a minimum of 5 days off in a row each year.
- Subsidized International Travel: We subsidize international travel starting at 6 months, and increasing each year
- Equity, per the company’s general stock grant plan
- 401k account through Betterment which allows you to seamlessly save money for retirement directly from your paycheck
- Learning and Development Opportunities: In the spirit of our core value to Learn Enough, we offer a book reimbursement program. If you share what you learned from a book with the team, we'll reimburse you for it. We also provide ample room for learning and development opportunities through Coursera online courses, outside speakers, and opportunities to learn skills from your colleagues.
We are committed to fighting injustice throughout the construction industry, and fairness is key to our company's purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate.