Financial Close Specialist
ScaleFactor, one of Austin’s Best Place to Work and voted Coolest Company in Austin, is a high-growth SaaS company that combines trusted experts with intuitive software to solve businesses’ accounting and finance needs. We are experiencing an enormous amount of growth, and we need "A" Players to join our team here at ScaleFactor. If you are tech savvy and an exceptional Financial Close Specialist who is ready for the next chapter in your career and want to be a part of a fast-growing Fintech Company, then we look forward to speaking with you!
JOB TITLE: FINANCIAL CLOSE SPECIALIST
You are a tech-savvy multi-tasker who can handle and deliver on competing priorities and deliverables. Your can-do attitude inspires your team and your speed in accomplishing tasks helps you thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment. Your incredible attention to details enables you to identify and resolve problems quickly while you gather and analyze information accurately. You are a technically competent financial close specialist and comfortable utilizing various accounting softwares to perform your job. Your superior communication skills enable you to get your point across completely and effectively. Your adaptability and resourcefulness to drive results create a direct impact in all areas of ScaleFactor, now and in the future.
Our Financial Close Specialist will work closely with both our in house financial close specialists and outsourced team. Tasks will vary day to day but will include the following:
- Managing a team of offshore financial close specialists involved in processing a high volume of financial closes ranging in complexity
- Work to drive efficiency, ensuring high quality standards are met
- Review financial closes in a broad range of industries
- Conduct hiring efforts to source the right skills to further grow the team
- Continuous training and development of new specialist team members
- Developing efficiencies and standardizing internal procedures and processes
- Working with our proprietary software to develop workflows and procedures for the specialist team. Enable further development of the proprietary software.
- Testing software updates and providing feedback to our engineering team
- At least 5 years of solid experience in a high volume comparable accounting role, especially in Balance Sheet Reconciliations and Financial Statement Review
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business
- Experience training and managing a team of at least 5 direct reports
- Proficient in Excel and possess a strong knowledge of financial close procedures for small business
- Experience with various accounting and operations software platforms, cloud-based accounting tools including, but not limited to Xero and QuickBooks Online
- Experience with managing or interacting with an off-shore team
- Experience working on multiple accounts simultaneously
- Financial Technology start-up company experience
- Work at one of Austin’s Best Places to Work in 2017 to 2019 - Amazing culture, dynamic office, and work alongside the best and brightest in the industry
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Unlimited vacation, flexible hours & optional work offsite days
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- Unlimited cold brew coffee, snacks, Topo Chico / La Croix / Waterloo
If this role describes you, we look forward to receiving your complete application online!
Your resume highlighting skills and requirements for the Financial Close Specialist position